Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyWolf View Post
Updated location. And please forgive me, but what's a BS 7622? Is it the battery isolator?

There's also the Blue Sea 7610 automatic charge relay......half the $$ and less features that also works well. Both great choices compared to isolators and the coil based surepower stuff.

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #12

My 2018 Toyota Sienna seats just arrived. Does anyone make brackets that will let me use both as front seats that swivel? Ujoint has brackets but I'm not sure about swivel. Does anyone make a slide and swivel base like they did for the old VW, so you could rotate with the doors closed.
SleazyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #13

Just placed an order for my AC unit. Specs say it's around 9500btu and runs off 24v. It's made for freight liner sleeper cabs. Will be virtacally mounted on a back door. But it doesn't have heat. So I'm thinking a 5000kw 24v diesel heater and either tap into my main gas tank or add a swing out box with a small jerry can behind it. Any preferred brands?

Ac will only run 3-6 hours at a time. I basically just need it to stay cool while I rest if I need to pull over. Shade isn't always an option. In the summer it's well over 100 degrees and I don't take heat we'll. Becoming disabled sucks. I don't suggest it to anyone.

Still debating about batteries. After looking around it seems building my own out of 18650s will be the most cost effictive for space. So far I'm thinking 2k-4000 18650s 3.7v 2800mh 35a in a 7s setup. Looks like I can get 4k cells for about $2280 not including wiring or BMS. That should get me around 1600ah at 24v. Overkill I know. I'll probably cut it in half. My entire load will be a mini fridge with 110v inverter, 2x 12v exhaust fans at 2.8a each, 2 small 12/24v circulations fans (not decided), some 12/24 v led lighting, and maybe a tv on occasion for short periods.

Is there a better option for a 24v 1000ah battery bank? I don't want to deal with flooded lead acid though.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyWolf View Post
My 2018 Toyota Sienna seats just arrived. Does anyone make brackets that will let me use both as front seats that swivel? Ujoint has brackets but I'm not sure about swivel. Does anyone make a slide and swivel base like they did for the old VW, so you could rotate with the doors closed.

Ujoint sells sienna swivel bases. They were designed by MG metalworks/expovans Michael and use a front hub unit bearing for the swivel...quite nice.

Your LiPo/Li-ion etc battery designs sounds interesting...

Espar makes both gas and diesel heaters in a couple of BTU sizes. If you want to consider propane there's Propex as well.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Ujoint sells sienna swivel bases. They were designed by MG metalworks/expovans Michael and use a front hub unit bearing for the swivel...quite nice.

Your LiPo/Li-ion etc battery designs sounds interesting...

Espar makes both gas and diesel heaters in a couple of BTU sizes. If you want to consider propane there's Propex as well.
I contacted Ujoint. They said they only make the adapter base for the seat. No swivle. I'll portably end up making my own so I can use them as my front seats. But I was hoping someone had something already available so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #16

Quick update. I have the Sienna seats installed, installed 2 Vanair exhaust fans, and have most the insulation finished. Walls, floor and ceiling all have 10mm of foil backed sound deadening and vapor tape at all the seams.

Floor has 1/2 poly sheet insulation and 1/2 plywood. We have the vinyl to finish it, but I'm waiting for the walls to be finished.

Walls have 1" and 2" in places of poly board. Stuffed mineral wool in all holes and sealed with vapor tape. Sprayed all gaps with spray foam and sanded. Plus have the support rails up for the plywood walls.

Waiting for solar install to finish the ceiling. I have 3x 290w solar panels coming. Will be charging a 24v 480-720ah lithium bank. I have all the batteries already, just debating if I need them all. And I scored a deal on some charging stuff. Victron DC DC regulator to charge from alternator, a battery monitor and a battery protector. Now I just need a solar controller.

Any recommendations for a MPPT solar controller? I was debating about 3x MPT 7210a. One on each panel, or a Victron 100/30.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #17

Wondering what you ended up using for the swivel on Sienna seats.
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botchan View Post
Wondering what you ended up using for the swivel on Sienna seats.
I have the bases from ExpoVans. They are located in Portland Oregon. Very friendly. When I ordered them, they said they were in the middle of redesigning their swivel. Said they would email me once they're ready. So I can't swivel yet. But at least I can drive to get supplies for it in comfort now.