Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryry4730 View Post
I'm in Nipomo so really close to you...
Home of Jocko's! Yum.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #12

Quote:
I will need to get in touch with those guys down there and make a super long weekend out of it when I have more $ to throw into this rig
You can fedex down the shocks and Agile can turn them around pretty quick.. Just give John a call.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
You can fedex down the shocks and Agile can turn them around pretty quick.. Just give John a call.
That's an idea too but I would love for them to actually do the install as well. I don't know of anyone locally that I feel like I can trust to take it apart and put it back together... (Unless someone on here has any suggestions!)
ryry4730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #14

I'm the one that bought mikracer's Camburg kit and, as he said, I had the shocks revalved by John at Agile and the van handles great.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I'm the one that bought mikracer's Camburg kit and, as he said, I had the shocks revalved by John at Agile and the van handles great.
Thanks for your input! I will definitely check into this...
Old 09-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #16

Quote:
That's an idea too but I would love for them to actually do the install as well. I don't know of anyone locally that I feel like I can trust to take it apart and put it back together... (Unless someone on here has any suggestions!)
Shocks are easy! You can do it in your driveway. Or any auto repair place can do it.. and if they're close, you can drive home without the shocks, you'll just bounce a bit.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #17

You're welcome to do the work at my place if you lack the tools or flat driveway. I'd normally say I could do it for you, but my body ain't what it used to be so I can "supervise" while you turn the wrenches... or, if you've got tools and a place to work, I could probably swing by to lend whatever assistance I can. Shocks are probably one of the easiest things to remove/replace so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
You're welcome to do the work at my place if you lack the tools or flat driveway. I'd normally say I could do it for you, but my body ain't what it used to be so I can "supervise" while you turn the wrenches... or, if you've got tools and a place to work, I could probably swing by to lend whatever assistance I can. Shocks are probably one of the easiest things to remove/replace so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty!
Thanks so much! I may take you up on the offer once I figure out what to do. I will wait and see what Jeremy at Weldtec has to say and may just go down to have him fix the front and the rear all at once.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #19

Garage
Your van looks awesome! Well done.

Jeremy's kit rides awesome with the Agile tuned Fox 2.0 shocks. I have run the kit very hard over the last year and have nothing but positive things to say about that setup. The rear springs are an absolute must and make the ride very comfortable. I am in a position of changing out my setup soon with larger bypass shocks in the rear and coilovers in the front. I will re-state though that this is not due to any fault in the Weldtec kit. The kit opens up the suspension capabilities of the van to a point that larger more aggressively tuned shocks will allow me to go quicker in the rough stuff.

Your van will handle much more predictably with the new shocks, but you might also want to add a bit more caster to the front alignment specs to slow down the steering characteristics a bit. I would also urge you to invest in the Weldtec steering damper kit to numb the darty feeling front end.

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #20

Love your van. I dove into this van life, too, and was not sure what to expect from a lifted van. Luckily, Weldtec is twenty minutes away. I popped in one day and drove one of their vans that was on hand. Jeremy and I then took my van for a drive to help me figure out what to expect.

FFWD... I'm currently enjoying my new Weldtec suspension upgrades, purchase and installed at WTD (detailed in another thread). I gotta say that I asked Jeremy again and again every question I could think of, and he answered away until my heart was content. Nothing but praise for my customer experience.

I held off on a new leaf pack for the rear, for now, and only replaced the shocks with Fox 2.0's (not sure if they're Agile tuned) I haven't noticed much improvement back there. Still a pretty stiff ride.

Up front is where I believe I've gained the most. Aside from stance, it feels great on the highway. No bump-steer issues and very predictable otherwise.

Also, this is HUGE to me, the van always pulled to the left no matter what we did prior to the Weldtec kit install. Always worried me on the highway. That has been totally remedied. No more pull whatsoever. I'm very happy about that.

Tags
aluminess, camburg, weldtec