Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2022, 11:32 AM   #31

A friend of mine switched to a CCV High roof top. It's better in every way except the sides bow out beyond the drip rail. Besides being an eye sore, the awning side rubs the brackets every time it goes up or down. I haven't seen this problem with their Mid roof top.

Coloradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:40 AM   #32

What's the concern with the C and D pillar? Rollover protection? Less body flex in cross axle situations?

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 12:26 PM   #33

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and suggestions. We've decided to go with CCV for the install and just got on their schedule. If I'm going to spend the money on something like this, I prefer to pay for piece of mind with reputation, experience, and quality and I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to make that call here. Your info made that choice a more confident one. Cheers!
stesmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 09:03 PM   #34
KDB

CCV sent me a replacement arm - with end cap/bolt. It's a single piece unit. My current arm has an end cap/bolt that shouldve been better welded and it has broken cleanly at the seam to the crossmember. The poptop still works fine as is. I fixed a plastic shim under the snapped side for support as that entire crossmember rests on the frame casing that's attached to the roof. A very convoluted explanation but that's essentially the issue. CCV was quick to send me out a replacement. I haven't needed to install it yet though im intending to by this summer. Just gotta prop up the roof, detach from the actuator, and swap it out. I'll likely fortify the end caps with some kind of epoxy or jb weld or something along those lines to makes sure that doesn't happen again. I don't believe it to be a common issue for CCV and Mark has a quick tutorial on the fix that he sent out to me.

On a side note who has seen the new CCV trailer tops? Preeetty awesome
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #35

Ccv is the way to go

I love my CCV top. If you look forever through the threads there was an older post of me when I was trying to get in touch with them years ago and had some challenges with responses or contact. That was resolved to my satisfaction, and once i was in it was great. They have since improved the front of the house communication. The back of the house builds are, and always have been great. I can't reccomend them enough. Derek is the man.
Attached Thumbnails
20210618_073135.jpg   IMG_20210105_082527_530.jpg   FB_IMG_1598387967977.jpg  
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:23 PM   #36

We just got out CCV high top in late June. After 2 week long trips we love it!. Derek was very good at answering all my gearhead type questions about the install and function.
I would highly recommend paying extra for the larger cutout and the added insulation. The tops come pre-wired for a fantastic fan. I choose to save a little money and install my own and had no issues. Ours fits well when closed and have had no leaks or problems. All the zippers work great and the amount of fresh air you can get is amazing. I'm 6'3" and can't quite stand straight up with the top down. But it is so much nicer then crouching all the time and with the top up I can do jumping jacks.
Yes they are not cheap but these tops really do transform your van into the next level for comfort.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop top