Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #1

2011 Quigley RB V10 - $13.5k

Someone else please buy this before I have 2 vans.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...263058617.html

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #2

$10 says that van sold in 30 minutes or less
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #3

I'm betting 20 minutes but the ad is still up 3 days later.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
Site Team

That is amazing at that price.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
That is amazing at that price.
Used for business. He has no idea how in demand what he has is. He couldn't. He will find out for sure after the 50 calls an hour being near Denver.

Poor guy.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:55 PM   #6

This is like when a few months back someone posted up a decent Land Cruiser in the Springs for $3k and the ad was stating that the price was firm. It should be, it was worth 3-5x that, and sold in less than an hour.

I do wonder if it's already sold and the ad is just still up.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. rock View Post
Someone else please buy this before I have 2 vans.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...263058617.html

First its a Squiggle so no its not in demand. Quigley used parts from anything they could find.. so stay away from them unless you like headaches.. and 2nd..

"
This posting has been deleted by its author."

Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzila View Post
First its a Squiggle so no its not in demand. Quigley used parts from anything they could find.. so stay away from them unless you like headaches..
That may have been true with early Quigley's, but our 2011 has been solid (and was bought used with 157k on the odo). From day one, even my wife felt comfortable driving 75+ on the highway with one hand on the steering wheel.

Our only issues have been regular wear/maintenance items like a worn ball joint and a worn wheel bearing. Considering it was a fleet vehicle used for oil field servicing, as confirmed by the coating of dirt and sand both inside and outside the vehicle when we bought it, I have no qualms with the Quigley conversion other than the known issue with limited travel on the front axle before hitting the bumpstop (easily remedied with new/longer springs).

We were on a cross-country road trip when the worn wheel bearing was diagnosed, so I had it replaced at a shop. The mechanic commented that it was the beefiest setup he had seen in his 17 years as a mechanic, and he had no difficulty sourcing a unit bearing the same day in "Up North" Wisconsin (other than price--fair warning that OEM unit bearings are PRICEY!).

Just had to comment, as back when I started researching vans I was wary of Quigley due to comments made on this board. Now that we've owned our van for 4.5 years and many miles of adventures, I have to say that it's unfair to propagate this stereotype and apply it equally to all Quigley's.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
That may have been true with early Quigley's, but our 2011 has been solid (and was bought used with 157k on the odo). From day one, even my wife felt comfortable driving 75+ on the highway with one hand on the steering wheel.

Our only issues have been regular wear/maintenance items like a worn ball joint and a worn wheel bearing. Considering it was a fleet vehicle used for oil field servicing, as confirmed by the coating of dirt and sand both inside and outside the vehicle when we bought it, I have no qualms with the Quigley conversion other than the known issue with limited travel on the front axle before hitting the bumpstop (easily remedied with new/longer springs).

We were on a cross-country road trip when the worn wheel bearing was diagnosed, so I had it replaced at a shop. The mechanic commented that it was the beefiest setup he had seen in his 17 years as a mechanic, and he had no difficulty sourcing a unit bearing the same day in "Up North" Wisconsin (other than price--fair warning that OEM unit bearings are PRICEY!).

Just had to comment, as back when I started researching vans I was wary of Quigley due to comments made on this board. Now that we've owned our van for 4.5 years and many miles of adventures, I have to say that it's unfair to propagate this stereotype and apply it equally to all Quigley's.
" Now that we've owned our van for 4.5 years "

LOL thats cute wait till you have owned if tor 25.. and yes Quiggley deserves its rep. They had lots of issues and still dont always like to use Ford stuff on Fords etc.. the Big thing they were doing was using Dodge and GM parts on Fords etc. As they did conversion for all 3.. And I could make your Head explode with Quiggley issue and horror stories But Glad you got a good one your loving. !!
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:52 PM   #10

Orig owners with 168K (and 1200+ nights) on our 2003 Quigley. Absolutely zero complaints. Tougher than nails and rides/drives great. Lots of 4wd time. Maybe we just got lucky but...

Just sayin
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote