Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #11

Makes me hoping to get 40k for my 1998 RB 350 7.3 PSD "home build" with Agile 4x4, SMB powered pop-top, aluminess goodies, 12k winch, HID lights, Solar, Espar Diesel Heater, 300 AH of batteries, 300W Pure Sine inverter, Brand New BD Diesel Built Turbo, new radiator .... seem reasonable

renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:15 AM   #12

Stick shift and 4x4 aside, this is a $1,500 van. At best.

You could buy any other van, have Agile throw a TTB underneath, and pay somebody else to do the trans swap, and be miles ahead in cost saving, reliability, and driveabilty.

FWIW - Most of the manual trans parts are available in the E-series parts catalogue, because Ford sold the stripped-chassis with that option through '01 or so. The only real custom parts seem to be the pedal and shifter.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeoverland View Post
Makes me hoping to get 40k for my 1998 RB 350 7.3 PSD "home build" with Agile 4x4, SMB powered pop-top, aluminess goodies, 12k winch, HID lights, Solar, Espar Diesel Heater, 300 AH of batteries, 300W Pure Sine inverter, Brand New BD Diesel Built Turbo, new radiator .... seem reasonable
Nice plug. Just list that thing already! With the work you put into it I'm sure someone will snag it.
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Stick shift and 4x4 aside, this is a $1,500 van. At best.
Agreed. The unknown and something we here don't really care about is just how built that 6.0 is. That could be a $20k motor with minimal run-time on it. By the same notion I have no need or desire for such a thing in a camper van.

Quote:
FWIW - Most of the manual trans parts are available in the E-series parts catalogue, because Ford sold the stripped-chassis with that option through '01 or so. The only real custom parts seem to be the pedal and shifter.
Good thing I didn't see that before I replaced my 4r100, I would spent some real time contemplating it. I suspect CA smog testing means it's a hard no for me though.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote