Originally Posted by UJOINT
I use the RBP fuel additive in every tank. Other than that, use a good quality oil & change it every 5K, and fuel filters every 10K. I only use Motorcraft or Wix filters.
I use Motorcraft Cetane boost for cleaner combustion as an addative.
A few things to help the finicky 6.0L stay healthy:
1. Change oil, oil filters and fuel filters religiously.
2. Don't idle at low rpms for more than a few minutes.
3. Install a coolant filtration system ASAP. http://www.dieselsite.com
(this is pretty important as it can prevent the VERY common problem of Oil cooler/EGR failure )
4. Drive it at least every 6-10 days. (prevents VGT sticking)
5. Don't "chip" it or run a tuner.
6. Clean your EGR valve once and a while.