Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #1

brake sound Death Star alarm hum

Got to finally use my Van after a 11 month hiatus. As usual it didn't go w/o some hiccups. Fired right up after sitting in storage in AZ, but was a little louder. Clipped catalytic converter. Right out of the bat to the shop. Thought about putting a band-aid on it, but just went with proper fix. We had some weird sounds in the brakes coming from the front when put in storage last Aug after Baja and was still there...So while in Co. had the pads replaced rotors resurfaced. Brakes had about 45k on them. Sounds still there. Sound is a high hmm like the alarm when the Death Star is getting attacked with a little squeal mixed in mostly at lower breaking speeds, but not all the time. Calipers?, Vacuum line? Doesn't seem like a wheel bearing or front diff. Rear diff was replaced in 2020. Pretty much the the whole entire conversion has been replaced since it was p/u @ UJ in 2017. Seeing if any the experts can point me in the right fix direction? Thanks as always!

keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #2

Dust shield on brake rotor?
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:10 PM   #3

I would have suggested a small rock stuck between the caliper and rotor except that you just had them worked on. One thing you can try to help isolate where the noise is coming from is to put it in 4 low and have some one drive it while you walk alongside it.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote