Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2020, 11:16 PM   #111

Viva,
I read your original question. I did not read the next 10 pages of replies though. Before you pull everything apart, might want to check that the blend door (directly above where front passengerís feet hit firewall). That flapper door sometimes gets blocked by leaves or debris. Next, you might want to check out my post in this related thread covering vacuum hoses and reservoir.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...nts-17921.html
In your case, with gas engine, you need the vacuum reservoir and related hoses all intact and airtight. The hoses may have cracked near connections to vacuum reservoir. It is important to note that with a gas engine, you cannot delete the vacuum reservoir like you can on a diesel. It holds some vacuum between trips. Easiest way to reconnect new hoses (if necessary) is to cut an access hole (at 12:00 above front right tire at top of inner fender). The reservoir on all Ford vans is between inner fender and fender. If that is necessary, make a coverplate for hole and add your favorite undercoating afterward. Hope this helps. Cheers!

VOODOO7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:07 AM   #112
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOODOO7.3 View Post
Viva,
I read your original question. I did not read the next 10 pages of replies though. Before you pull everything apart........

Quite unfortunate you didn't read the numerous replies because for the most part this issue has been asked, answered and solved in a way. UNTIL or UNLESS one removes hot coolant from the heater core--where its present 100% of the time--we'll have "heated" vents. The numerous fixes proposed and implemented to good effect shows its NOT necessarily related to the blend door, neither mechanically or electric controls.

Your suggestions would work IF something were amiss in the control portion of the HVAC system---we determined earlier on that wasn't the case here. Additionally this issue was originally presented for solution way back in 2014!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote