Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #31

Garage
Been awhile since we had anything new on here regarding Renewable diesel but I just found out a new fuel blend sold in my area by Chevron. I had stopped to fill up and saw them use the words "Renewable Biodiesel". I figured it was a marketing guy wanting to use all the eco friendly buzzwords he could but at the pump the sticker that tells you the fuel may contain up to 20% biodiesel also had a sticker regarding Renewable diesel. I did a little research and sure enough Chevron is now selling a Renewable diesel (R94 if I am to believe the sticker at the pump) blended with Biodiesel at up to 20%. This to me seems to be the best of everything! Minimal foaming, high cetane rating, doesn't stink on your hands, great lubricity, nearly 100% renewable and mileage very similar to dino diesel. Keep your eyes out for it, I have been purchasing it at a Chevron in SoCal.

Glenn P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:54 AM   #32

Glenn P.,

Thanks for posting this!

A quick check of Chevron's website suggests that their Renewable Diesel isn't yet available at any of the Chevron stations along Hwy. 395 in California. So for me, the closest Chevron stations that have this product are in Hesperia and Lake Tahoe, which are about 400 miles apart. (I'm about halfway between these two places.)

Also, the search tool on Chevron's website really "draws a hard vacuum", so to speak, but if you're willing to dig and find the search tool, and check the right box and then type in one city name after another, it will show you all Chevron/Texaco stations within 35 miles of each search-key city that has the (new?) R94.

To save everybody else the digging, here's a link to the fuel search page on the Chevron website, plus the extra steps you will need to follow:

https://www.chevronwithtechron.com/e...n-near-me.html

Extra Steps:

1) Click on the "SEARCH OPTIONS +" box in the upper left-hand corner of the map.

2) Check the "Renewable Diesel Blend" box in the drop-down menu that will open.

3) Enter the name of the city around which you want to search in the blue box above the upper right-hand corner of the map.

Note: If you enter a city name that doesn't have R94, while the Renewable Diesel Blend box is still checked, the map will automatically Re-Center to San Ramon, CA - which is really annoying, but that's the way it is.

I'll start checking our local Chevron station in Bishop, and will post here again if I find that R94 has become available there or elsewhere along Hwy. 395.

Cheers!