Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #11

Thanks for everyone’s input! You guys are awesome.

To be clear (bear with me, uploading pics to this forum seems more difficult than it needs to be)...

I need to go from this:
IMG]https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/16613-albums1522-picture45013.jpeg[/IMG]

To either this:

Or, straight into the stove. I forgot to take the picture of that but has a collar that threads onto some kind of compression fitting. (What you guy said about having two regulators inline makes sense.

Also, I’d like to go to one of these propane fire pit):

IMG]https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/16613-albums1522-picture45016.jpeg[/IMG]

My tank looks like:

IMG]https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/16613-albums1522-picture45017.jpeg[/IMG]

(I swear it doesn’t look that dirty!)

Two separate hoses would be fine (like, I don’t have to be able to run the fire and the stove simultaneously.

And yeah, as someone pointed out above...
I plan to have a couple of those green mini-bombs for backup cooking.

Thanks!

TechTonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:31 PM   #12

Wellllll damnit. That didn’t work?! I’m going to bed.

The pictures are in an album on this forum. Feel free to check them out.
TechTonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:53 AM   #13

Missing images from above:

My tank looks like:

Old 06-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #14

Garage
Unless I'm mistaken, you have a valve available for high pressure - isn't that what the round screw cap just to the right of the black control valve is (with the clear plastic safety strap attached to it)? If that the case, That's where you can tap into for you fire pit - just run a separate hose from it.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, you have a valve available for high pressure - isn't that what the round screw cap just to the right of the black control valve is (with the clear plastic safety strap attached to it)? If that the case, That's where you can tap into for you fire pit - just run a separate hose from it.
Good catch. And that looks to be the standard propane bottle threads.
carringb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #16
Site Team

Garage
That adapter has a 1" x 20 thread the same as the top of a small throw away bottle. My BBQ & stove have regulators and runs fine off it. My lantern doesn't have a regulator but also runs fine off it.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #17

Using the additional port on your tank that Twoxentrix pointed out, I think you should be able to use this hose to connect to the stove and this adaptor to be able to connect to your fire pit.

You can get the hose in a different length or even get a couple different lengths to suit your needs. I use a similar hose when I connect a distribution tree to a 5 gallon tank. Those hoses hold a bit of propane in them, so expect some propane to whoosh out when you disconnect from the tank. Or you can turn the valve off on the tank and run the appliance until the gas is burned off.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:05 AM   #18
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTonics View Post
Thanks for everyone’s input! You guys are awesome.

To be clear (bear with me, uploading pics to this forum seems more difficult than it needs to be)...

I need to go from this:
IMG]https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/16613-albums1522-picture45013.jpeg[/IMG]

To either this:

I'll jump in at this point hoping to help TechTonics post photos here from a hosting site;

In the first image URL link you've removed or left off the the [ in the link, it should look like this: [img], the ending would be: [/img]. Each character is vital to the text becoming a BBC URL link.

The remaining attempts to provide a link have the same [ missing too.

I got nothing on the gas pressure issue here though.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #19

Reviving this one, I have exactly what’s noted here, SMB Tank, up stream H/P valve, a 20’ line connect with a manifolds at the other end to feed several “appliances” all with their OEM valves and regulator.

Last weekend at Mojave 20F I started getting the auto increasing decreasing flames and a visually frozen regulator.

I safely vented a bit at the manifold to release the water and after a bit of hand warming the regulator it was working.

Q, is there an easy way to drain the water once the tank is empty? Anyone added water sediment tap at the front of the hose to prevent this?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 10:17 AM   #20

Found this thread via search, because I'm wondering what I'd use on the passenger side of the van, where my propane quick connect is, that is such a low pressure? I just replaced the quick connect as it was all corroded, and plugged in our BBQ and got just a trickle of a flame. In the past, I've just plugged it straight into the tank, (we have the exact same tank set up as the one pictured here) and it's been fine for fire pit, stoves, etc.

Has anyone just removed all the regulators and such that is in between the tank and the quick connect so as to have regular high pressure there, or is this a big no no and a safety issue? In the meantime, we just run our 12' hose under the van which is not ideal but gets the job done.

Thanks for any input and advice on the matter!