Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #1

6.0 Oil Filter Relocation

$180 - Ford Econoline 6.0 Powerstroke Oil Filter Relocation Hardware
-Machined oil filter adapter w/ orings
-2 AN fittings NPT to AN (-10 AN or JIC flare)
-2 90deg compression fittings
-Misc hardware (bolts/spacers and oil filter bracket for frame rail)

Can do paypal. Shipping charges not included. Can estimate based on your location for most affordable option or if you need it quick, your option.

__________________________________________________ _____
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-8528.jpg   IMG-8536.jpg  

HintonbrosRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #2
JMC

Do you have any pics of this installed on a vehicle?
JMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #3

No. I don’t. I ended up going a different direction. Others have done this but I didn’t.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:16 PM   #4

Can you tell us about the direction you went?
I am also interested in this adapter, I saw your username looking for it on other forums. Where did you find it ?
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsherpa View Post
Can you tell us about the direction you went?
I am also interested in this adapter, I saw your username looking for it on other forums. Where did you find it ?
I had planned to use this setup, which requires cutting oil tubes that come down to filter bowl and using compression fittings to go to pretty much any type of hose you would want to build up, allowing you to pretty much use a variety of good aftermarket filter options or even moving the stock filter bowl if you wanted to retain it. And you could route the lines about anywhere you would want to mount the filter. The advantage of this concept in my mind is 1) lower cost 2) flexibility; Disadvantage is you cut the lines, so you would have to replace them if you ever wanted to go back to original. I ended up using Timberline Vans Relo Kit because I ended up w/ budget to afford it.

I still have the parts for sale and would work w/ someone on price if they wanted to use them.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #6

Greetings HintonbrosRV,

I apologize for a hijack to you for sale add, but I have a question about the Timberline relocation kit. Dose the Timberline billet adapter have the ability to attach hoses. The Timberline website dose not have a 360 view of the parts but I was hoping the adapter (billet block) that attaches to the oem pipes had female pipe threads out.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your sale.
- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
Greetings HintonbrosRV,

I apologize for a hijack to you for sale add, but I have a question about the Timberline relocation kit. Dose the Timberline billet adapter have the ability to attach hoses. The Timberline website dose not have a 360 view of the parts but I was hoping the adapter (billet block) that attaches to the oem pipes had female pipe threads out.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your sale.
- Eric
No apologies required, I could talk van's all day. The Timberline adapter appears to be similar to the one Ujoint Offroad used to sell. No, the billet block isn't made to take hoses; its machined on both sides to take the tubes/o'ring. You could use the machined adapter in my pic to come out of the billet adapter to AN fitting . I do have 2 of the machined adapters due to impulse buy.

-Dylan
Old 12-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #8

Garage
I may need this. My SMB relocate has the oil filter getting hit by the front driveline. I need to see if I can move it or if I need your parts. If anyone has fixed this issue by all means chime in.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
I may need this. My SMB relocate has the oil filter getting hit by the front driveline. I need to see if I can move it or if I need your parts. If anyone has fixed this issue by all means chime in.
I'm not familiar with oil filter orientation on the 7.3's. There is a good facebook 4x4 van group that I'm in that may be a good resource '4x4 Vans'. You may already be in it I suppose.
-Dylan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0364.jpg  
Old 12-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #10

Garage
I have a 6.0. I'm picking it up in a few minutes from my body guy. I'll look at what I have and see if this can improve my locale from driveline.

Tags
6.0 diesel, oil filter