I am the proud new owner of a 2004 SMB, v10, 2wd. I flew up to Portland to buy the van from Scalf77 on Thursday, and spent 3 days driving it down to LA with a friend.
Our plan is to go all out on our dream rig. Greg did so many crucial upgrades and took such great care of this vehicle for the last 16 years, and it is the perfect starting point for this project. Here is a list of what we have planned so far.
- 6" lift and suspension upgrade
- HID & LED combo lights
- Skid plate bumper and winch
- Rear Lock Diff with air compressor
- Reupholster front seats, rear bench, and top bed. Adding memory foam during the reupholstery process to make the beds more comfortable
- Reupholster headliner
- Staining and finishing touches to the cabinets greg built.
We are scheduled for install of the lift, bumper, lights, and rear lock diff at Weldtec. Earliest they could get us in was September. I'm looking for the right auto upholstery place in LA and woodworking finisher to complete the inside work while we wait for our appointment.
Open to suggestions, and I will be sharing photos of the upgrades as they take place. Looking forward to bugging this community for more advice.