Not sure I am posting this in the right forum so please relocate if need be.
I got my ford e350 2003 7.3 a year ago. It did not come with cruise control. I figured no big there will be a after market. In fact I remember my did put on in his van a 100 years ago. Well there are no more after market CC for this van. Ford used to have a kit but it is long since discontinued. I called dealer after dealer trying to figure what was in it with no luck. There is one post here that has some info but it was not quite detailed. After months of research I think I found out how to do it.
So first thing you probably need to do is make sure you have the CC light in the dashboard. Second make sure you have a connector for the CC break switch(see attached). So in my case I had the connector however, my master cylinder does not have a port for it. So I am left with two options. Change the master cylinder or put a in line T and attach the switch that way.
I found a good video
1. check break censor https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cruise-Cont...19.m1438.l2649
3. check clock spring and controls https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-199...19.m1438.l2649
4. replace master cylinder https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...58_5520_167003
or add a in line T and attach switch that way.
5. replace steering wheel https://www.ebay.com/i/122729947911?chn=ps
6. if needed go to dealer to turn on CC in computer
I will keep you posted as I execute this. Any feed back from anyone who has done this is appreciated. Hopefully this helps someone else too.