Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2022, 03:04 PM   #11

Dc coffee maker: 20 minutes for 20 ounces [emoji15]

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Dc coffee maker: 20 minutes for 20 ounces [emoji15]
Figure 800W 120V coffee makes which is 1000W into the inverter

100W @12V = 83.3 Amps
20min @ 83.3 Amps = 28 Amp=Hr

If you have a 100 Amp-Hr lead Acid house battery you just expended more than 1/2 of your usable capacity (to 50% DoC).
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:42 PM   #13
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I just came across this…..reviews say it goes through a battery per cup, so might not be the most efficient, but you can recharge the batteries through your inverter when under way, especially if you’re a Makita tool user like me and already have the batteries.

MAKITA Rechargeable Coffee Maker CM501DZ (Blue)【Japan Domestic genuine products】 【Ships from JAPAN】 https://a.co/d/fLvZVna

Depending on our camping situation and available solar gain, we either heat up water on the propane stove outside if already set up or inside on the induction burner and will make a French press or we have the Via instant packets for a grab and go option with less cleanup.

I have to agree, most of the 12V appliances I’ve seen on the market aren’t worth a crap.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:41 AM   #14

This is where an inverter comes in very handy. In my old rig I used to have a 8-cup coffee maker with a thermal carafe. This would usually be just fine for the wife & I to have our morning coffee. This was always included in my daily consumable power calculations. It would use about 12 Ah to make a pot of coffee.

I now use a Keurig Mini Single cup, there are multiple vendors that make compostable K-cups. Of course the Mini makes about 1/4 of what the old pot did, so it would be reasonable to assume the power would be in line with that.

From "inverter on" to "inverter off" the Mini used (33.4 -30.8) or 2.6 Ah of power .

The nice thing about the K-cup Mini is when traveling, if I need a cup of coffee it is relatively easy to accomplish. I still carry a jet boil stove with a French Press adapter

Most of the 12 volt devices are limited by the 12 volt aux plug they insist on using.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote