Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2023, 10:09 AM   #1

Exterior Water Heater Panel

I just noticed the external panel to my water heater fell off somewhere. Does anyone know the part number for this? Does anyone have one lying around they want to get rid of?

Edit: Did some poking around and spotted the manufacturer's tag buried behind some wiring. Was able to poke my phone up in there and got a model number: SW6D.
Wow, looks like Suburban has a ton of models but everyone uses the same picture in the ad... now to narrow the search.

Edit Edit: got in touch with Suburban and the part number for that hatch is 6255AEB. Unfortunately, they don't sell direct to consumers. The search continues...

Edit Edit Edit: Found the proper hatch for $38 with free shipping at Wholsale RV Parts!

For anyone needing this part, I hope my search edits help you find the right one. I need to find a more secure latching mechanism to keep the panel in place. Take a look at your hasp. They are plastic and eventually rot in the sun. That's how I lost my panel. There are quite a few models and they all look virtually identical online with minor differences in dimension and placement of the latch.