Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #51

I respect and appreciate your answers, I really do. I get it. But dang, this one hurt!! I just wished he wouldn't have hung up on me.

Rant is officially over, everyone have a safe and happy 4th.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #52

Good luck, go get em and hang in there! You’ll find what you’re looking for if you’re patient. And happy 4th!
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
Old 06-29-2020, 11:15 PM   #53

Enough already... the story's been told. Can we move on?
2003 EB30 - Sold
Old 06-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #54

It has moved on already.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #55

Cash talks, stop crying and blaming ii on ethnicity/ gender.
You got hosed out of a deal, happens daily..... I'm a dude and I've been hosed many times. .. you lost no money. Be grateful and move on and stop doing the millennial thing and posting your worldly things online.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #56

Hi PNWs, all I can say is, try to take nothing personal. I am a female van owner, I found it when an awesome forum member here sent me the link. Many other members here have treated me so well with input,, encouragement, technical advice- even help with some glass issues and sourcing stuff. So there is a ton of support for women in the van world from the right peeps!
I did a low tech rebuild and honestly have not camped enough the past 2 years. My van is even a bit of a filter when I date new guys- some see her and cannot get away from me fast enough LOL like they would not want me pulling into their daughter’s driveway in her!

The grouchy guy gave you a clue up front when he said to call him again before you showed up... he had other buyers in the wings. I probably would not have invested energy into telling him off but that’s just me. His van probably smelled like mothballs or something, being a grouchy old guy, so there’s a better fit for you out there
Old 07-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Enough already... the story's been told. Can we move on?
Not happening. Other people won't let it go.

The OP has "moved on already".
Old 07-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Not happening. Other people won't let it go.

The OP has "moved on already".
Oh heck then why am I bothering 🤔oh well I enjoyed the posts- sass and humor alike! This forum rocks!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #59

Yikes ��
I understand your frustration I've had that happen dozens of times.... seriously.
I'm a guy it has nothing to do with being sexist unless you left some of that story out?

Frankly I'm a little put off by you, for insisting that is sexist behavior.
IMO that is just not cool.
especially in this age of entitlement where everybody wants to be a victim.

Really, unless you left part of the story out somebody just wants to sell something and as soon as they can get it ... they'll sell it.... that's the bottom line.
I'm also going to say if somebody offered me $5,000 over asking price, I wouldn't hold my breath and I would be very skeptical... I would almost laugh that off, as it just doesn't seem rational? Not on something of that price range? I understand you really one one & that possibly January is worth it to you but, to somebody selling something.... Most I think would not take that seriously.
(It's too bad for him and too bad for you) I would just call it & move on.
If time is of the essence and you can't get a Sportsmobile you could buy a small motorhome for half the price of a sportsmobile and have plenty of fun my mom took me all over the Western United States...when I was in my early teens it's the best time ever to take kids on a vacation!
I remember those trips almost weekly and I'm 53.
Thanks Mom!
again nothing wrong with a small RV pennies on the dollars vs. full-on full on Sportsmobile conversion.
Unless of course you have to go "off road " or extremely remote locations .
My mom and I would sometimes be 40 miles down a dirt road or up in the mountains we never got stuck not that I remember at least.
Anyways please don't assume all us guys are sexist just because something doesn't go your way......
He very well may have been? .... But assuming so, kind of makes us all look bad.... And we have way too much of that s**t going on right now.

Hi would have no reason not to sell a woman anything and I had some pretty serious machinery.
I don't know any man that would do that? Honestly.

A few months back I DESPERATELY WANTED a 10 ft utility box cabover Isuzu. YOU KNOW THE KIND WITH FULL-LENGTH TOOL BOXES ON EACH SIDE BUT CARGO SPACE IN BETWEEN WITH A ROOF RACK OVER IT FULL LENGTH!!!
It was awesome priced Right with a rebuilt engine small block Chevy all new suspension components.......$2600.00
I was going to lift it it was just so bitchin!....
I went to look at it, my house was a hundred miles away
along with my cash, my job was out of town so I said I will give you $200 today if you wait 2 days and I will come back and buy it at full price...I said I'm going to buy it absolutely I will be back!
I said if I don't come back you got $200 for under 48 hours.....he said NO I've have nothing but flakes coming out making promises and never coming back.
Ive had similar experiences when selling people just tend to do that lately.... it's frustrating.I was pissed I was angry I missed out on a kitchen one of them a lifetime purchase but I do understand but I was still pissed...lol
I did not buy that so, I ended up with a 03 FORD E350 7.3 diesel....... which is why I am here

SEE I'M NOT OVER IT EITHER......LOL
ANYWAYS BEST OF LUCK! I HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING TO HAVE GREAT TIMES WITH YOUR FAMILY
Old 07-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.. if you find a van you want at a price you’re willing to pay, you need to buy it. If you can’t fly in 24 hours, then wire a deposit. These are very rare vehicles, and you need to move fast, or someone else will.

Maybe she needs to see who’s got that van on this forum and offer them cash! Haha....
Closed Thread