Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #121

Re: TGTBT

with Herb completely...there is something about the way the two of you are with each other...

2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #122

Your replies go straight to her heart, and mine... they make all the "work" waaay worth it.
A couple of notes:
@Mike... Christine is the one who conceives of, plans, establishes routing/stops, and any necessary timing elements on all of our trips. She hires and trains Gallery/"farm"sitters... 5 people for this trip. When we leave home, she has a file folder full of itinerary/maps/contact info. She has prepared all of our food in advance. We did 16 days and 3300 miles out of our Engel Combi 65 and two grocery store visits for fresh fruit and, well, beer. Only occasional food outside the van at relatives/friends stops (i.e. the clams/lobsters bit) My job is to prepare the van mechanically and pack. I do all the driving and she navigates. So really, it is me that gets to enjoy her efforts.

@Chop... listen closely to that zipline bit, and you'll also hear Christine say she's hangin in the treetops with Tarzan! Nanner, Nanner

@Bronc... I ragged a bit heavily on Newport, 'cause it was easy pickin's... and I still wouldn't want to live there, but we did have a blast in the area to be sure.

@everybody... we do feel fortunate to be such a team, and are delighted that it is so evident. Our original story is one for the campfire, but the short of it is: 15 years ago, we met on a Friday, and bought a house together and moved in the following Friday

Y'all keep the comments coming, I am leveraging them to try and get her to put together a little footage on the interior remodel(Part 1)... she doesn't think it is far enough along, nor is the footage very entertaining. I may not win this one, but I explained that it would be forum-specific, and doesn't have to be quite as artistic in the editing. To be sure, scraping all that crap out of the van is ugly, but van-nuts will appreciate it.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #123

So I log in today just to kill a few minutes and wait, no, a new video I missed. Had to drop what I was doing. Thanks for making my Friday by taking us with you on another adventure.

I do want to know how Christine did it. How did she put that T shirt with sleeves on you while you were sleeping. Good joke Christine! I bet it didn't make it to the breakfast table without being modified.
catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandu
How did she put that T shirt with sleeves on you while you were sleeping?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #125

Gets a bit cool at night on Cape Cod, waaaay unlike here. Took a little getting used to. Like moving from Ecuador to Fairbanks. However, during our tour, many of the days up there were just as hot as home by the afternoon, Yankees falling down everywhere with the Heat Stroke. To revive 'em you just leaned down close and whispered in their ear "How 'bout them Sox?"
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #126

Does Christine have a sister?

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #127

Awesome Work! Thanks for Sharing.

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #128

A NEW FILM by Christine!!!! After getting such good comments from the forum folks, Christine decided to make a film that gets us through the first phase of our interior remodel. The footage here was up to the Stopping Point at which we made the trip (and film) to NYC and New England, which was our last film post.

This is her first "forum-specific" project... which means she made it for us van people... which means we all oughta comment to bolster production. Hint, hint

Caveat: This one is sprinkled with a bit of salty language and the viewer should be prepared for graphic images of van guts.

One more note: I ragged and fussed about Sportsmobile a bit. I stand by my gripes, as quality-of-construction in the original conversion was, was, well, ummm, pathetic. I'm guessing quality would have improved a little over the last 17 years... or at least I hope so. I still love me some Sportsmobiles!

The van is in Ray's capable hands as I write this... new seats and carpet are in the cab, working on valances and lighting today, and will move on to door remodeling from there. We'll get a phase 2 film up at a later date, depending on response (and camera, our new one is still at the fix-it-dude to retrieve lost footage from the last tour), so again, please respond, and of course, ask questions if you have them.

@Gnarvan... No, Ray doesn't have a sister either

https://vimeo.com/48634962
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #129

I'M IMPRESSED! The new interior design looks very functional and well thought out.

Since the redo was all Christines idea here's a big WELL DONE. On both motivating Marc to get the job done and putting together another top quality video.

It was a great way to start my day. Big Thanks to both of you.

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #130

TGTBT

Excellent. Both the video and the interior. Thanks for sharing your videos once again with us!

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote