Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #101

Re: TGTBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarvan
Marc

Time to expand your horizons to photography. No one on the forum is going to hit their foe button if you post a few naked van pictures.
Hell some of us other pottie mouth van types really like necked (is that correct?) van shots...

Your interor sounds great and I am looking forward to seeing the video when its done...

And I might add that it is also why some of use start with bare necked vans...

Marc I cant really say much here about your lack of photos as I have had my van going on two years and have taken hundreds if not over a thousand pictures of all of the stuff I have done to it but where are they? Its one of those I been meanin ta do it things. At least you have made some really truly entertaining videos for all of us here to enjoy, thanks.

You know those A.D.D. shirts that say Attention De...hey look a kitty shirts? Thats me... I sit down to do something on the computer and then I read the SMB Forums for hours then go "what was I supposed to do when I sat down hours ago?"

...Jamie

2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #102

Marc,

I don't mind you sharing the response. I hope I didn't let the secret out too early. I know it has helped me already. (I didn't know not to open the walls-and haven't yet... key word there...yet)

Maybe Christine can make a time lapse video of all the tear-down and build back up?

Funny thing is I sold an empty 1988 van with the pop-top in favor of one that was already "done" on the interior. Now that we have lived and traveled in the van we already want to change stuff. And as I am sure you found out, why start out with a new van project that you don't know any of the mechanical systems...

We will probably end up selling ours or changing out the interior since we will need to make room for one more person come November.

Thanks again. I will be waiting, patiently, for the next video installment.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #103

Cough, cough... (clearing throat). Uuhhhhhh hmmm...

So where is the video update of the interior remodel?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #104

well, as I said before, we had to get to a Stopping Point to make our NYC delivery schedule. So, Christine is working a bit at a time to put together a film of the accompanying tour. Included has been the "learning curve"... the new-to-us camera is at the local computer fixit shop to try and dig out 4-5 days of footage that we mistakenly lost trying to overload the Mac. Fixit dude sez 2 weeks b/4 even looking at it, but we'll post up what we have before he gets to it.

If our little shop is any indicator (after 16 yrs, I'm inclined to believe it is), the economy is starting to come back a bit.

This means we have been over-the-top busy and her time to focus on films is waaay limited. Sooo, we will present the tour film first ,and the interior rebuild as it is more complete. Ray (the interior fabdude, see "Sportsmobill$" on this thread), is taking the van back into his lair on Monday 8-20 and will have it until the next Stopping Point on September 16th when I take the van to Tampa, FL for a build-in project. Hopefully, but not certainly, we will have enough done to try and show the new interior. It is unlike anything I have seen here, or anywhere, so far. My needs are for fun and work, so it is a "transformer" type with industrial feel, black everywhere, no wood, no fabric. Most of it is "new idea" design and all from scratch. It fits us perfectly and we are totally pumped about it so far. But the fuggin' money... whew...

Bottom line, a film will be up in a week or so, about the NYC delivery and accompanying trip. We purposely kept the camera out of the van until the interior is further along, but I have seen the first 3 or 4 minutes of this one and it is fun without the interior as a point of focus. We are hoping, but not really expecting that the geekdude can recover our lost 4/5 days, but if not, the rest is a blast.

Christine is brushing her teeth, getting ready to end the day right now. I told her about your nudge and I can see her beaming from the next room.

Thanks from both of us.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #105

Congrats on the increased business with the shop!
And I hope the computer geek gets everything figured out, at least it's a Mac...
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #106

Okay...give up some pics of the interior Marc! We are all anxious to see em.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #107
Site Team

Garage

Why do I invision this?

Oh wait, you said no wood
Attached Images

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #108

Give us a teaser vid of the bumpers or partial interior. No video of your summer ventures either, you are holding out on us!
catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #109

Marc and Christine are just a couple of big teasers!

I said it and I'm not taking it back!

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #110

Here ye, Hear YEEUNS, at last, from Christine (and, humbly, me) A NEW FILM!

If you've read the the past several posts, you'll know this film covers the table delivery to NYC, and another fan-damn-tastic New England Summer tour. Still hoping to recover the lost footage of the last 5 days traveling the Eastern Seaboard, but if not, oh well, another trip... with Christine it is always another trip.

Before y'all yell too much, the interior rebuild film/documentary is forthcoming, but not anytime soon... our dang camera is not even here, it is in the lair of the gifted. Plus, we are not even close to finished, and the van is in the lair of Ray... where it lives when we aren't traveling.

Christine gets film-making fever whenever there are comments... hint, hint,
Click the link, wait for the little arrow and let us know what ya' think

https://vimeo.com/48038349
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote