Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #11
Site Team

Change in topic, but Eric has a new signature.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #12

Today's special. I'm sure I'll think of another good Dad joke for it by tomorrow.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #13

From a construction industry perspective the cost of new pickup trucks has gotten stupid, which has caused used pickup trucks to get almost as stupid(sellers asking 75 percent of what a new truck would cost but theirs has 200k plus miles). This has caused buyers who would not otherwise look at vans to start buying vans. This has been going on for about 15 years,

Couple other factors

I have no evidence of this but Im guessing the majority of van sales are to commercial or fleet buyers so they hang on to them until they are pretty much trashed which reduces the supply of low mileage good condition vans.

There is currently a shortage of rental vehicles so people or companies who used to occasionally rent vans as needed are buying them.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #14

If I had the time I would sell mine, it just went past 50k.- or trade for a long bed 4x 7.3 truck 00 - 03, an 7.3 Ambulance build, 7.3 mobile Lab or Command Center, or a hybrid Ford PIU, & all w/cash ... or if someone has Craig Kellys OBS Sportsmobile?

But I don't have the time. And I have a house that my van fits in no so even more reason not to sell. Its only easy to sell these things if you just trade them in at the Ford Dealership - the rest of the time it's a lot of stress and hassle.

Yeah meet at the bank & witness the buyer get a cashiers check drafted or a bunch of cash run through a counting machine. Bank transfer via smart phone - even w/that I've run into complications when buying/ selling houses etc Though I did sell a STi once to a dealership and that worked out fair.

Anyway it's just better to enjoy the thing and don't look back

StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #15

Oh wow, maybe I should sell ours lol. Picked up an 99 extended e350 V10 and a hightop, with less than 90k miles on it bout 1.5 years ago for $7100, been slowly converting it, just hit I think 89k miles. Now has full 4x4 conversion. 6" lift, 35" tires, almost completely done interior.
listonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I doubt it. People willing to plunk down $150k on a 4x4 Sprinter campervan probably aren’t fretting too much about gas prices. Gas is, what, like $4/gallon or so now in California (I hear)? But vans still sell at a premium there.
That's because once they get a parking spot they don't move. Look at all the freeway frontage roads and allies.
I have owned a van since High school so it's been a way of life for me for decades. I recently had up to 3 until a couple months ago!
Everyone is on the band wagon now whether overlanding pick ups or? I see alot more garbage on our trails which makes me sad and forget about down in lower San Diego or Arizona.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote