Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #1

What is my Sportsmobile worth?

Hope you all can help me. Thinking about selling and want your feedback on what my SM is worth. Here is the info:

1994 Ford E350 4x4 Sportsmobile conversion camper extended van with a penthouse
We have reluctantly decided to sell our beloved Badger. Here is your chance to own an older Sportsmobile with all the bells and whistles but not the $150,000+ price tag of a new one.
His van is in good condition. I will try my best to describe this van accurately. Basically, everything works just fine. We have tried to do a good job of maintaining it and fixing it up. This is a 26-year old van so expect normal ware commensurate with age. We are selling this as is!! We have a clear title. Please carefully read the information below before asking questions as I have tried to describe everything in detail.
The Van:
1994 Ford E350 (one ton) 4x4 Sportsmobile conversion camper extended van with penthouse
The Mileage is currently at 122,284 (subject to change)
460 V8 EFI Ford gas engine (runs strong, will cruise down the highway at 80 miles an hour all day long) gets around 9-12 gallons per mile.
Tow hitch
Quigley 4x4 conversion with automatic locking hubs – shift on the fly - (with 2 speed transfer case - high / low) & a 4” lift
4 speed Automatic transmission
AC, Power windows, power locks, power steering, power adjustable 4-way mirrors, cruise control, intermittent wipers
Two captains’ chares with arm rests, drivers side power seat, passenger seat spins around to face backwards when camping
Cobra Model 18RV CB radio with weather band channel
Engine block heater (never had to use this even when well below zero)
Front license plate is on a hinged utility step for easier access to the engine
AM FM cassette player, and middle console storage and drink holder
Tires are BFGoodrich all-terrain LT85/75R16 AT TAK02, (in good condition) they have approximately 18K miles on them
Hoop steps on driver and passenger doors (this van is high, so my wife loves these)
Bushwacker flares
Aluminess rear bumper with swing arms for spare tire rack and 3 - 5 gallon gas cans, lockable box (comes with 3 jerry cans, spouts funnel…) & trasharoo on spare tire and Recovery kit (axe & shovel) on gas can box and bright halogen back up lights. And an extra 2 gallon Rottoplex gas can mounted on the back of the gas box for a total capacity of 17 gallons of extra gas.
Van gas tank is a 24 gallon. I added the rear bumper with the 3 5 gallon gas can box for additional range.
Sportsmobile RB 30 camper conversion
Toggle switch on dashboard can switch power from cab to house
Two deep cycle cabin batteries that charge from the engine when running, but does not drain the engine battery
Gaucho sofa, folds out into a small bed. Also has two sets of seat belts for extra passengers to ride sideways
Norcold Fridge with freezer – model DE-540 (works good, we add frozen water bottles to help with the initial cooling)
Propane 2 burner Stove with cover (40 pound propane tank underneath van (I think)) If you are just using the stove it lasts us all year. If using the furnace it lasts several days.
Suburban propane furnace model NT-16SE with adjustable thermostat for both the heather and the rear AC
Fresh water system: Sink, water pump, and 12 gallon potable water holding tank (I think) located under the sofa. Can also use water directly from a city hook up if desired.
10 gallon (I think) gray water holding tank under the van
Suburban propane water heater located under the sink (requires shore power)
Hose for outdoor shower attaches to sink
Microwave (requires shore power)
Many lights throughout (several switched to LED bulbs for les power consumption)
Onan Generator 2.8 KW (we never needed to use it, if you drive just a little each day the cabin batteries stay charged just fine)
A lot of storage everywhere: pantry and other cabinets, door pockets…
Rear Starcool AC (requires van to be running or shore power or generator) (has additional fan in front of radiator for cooling)
Manual Penthouse top (with removable padded bed sections) 7 feet of head room when up.
Screens, & pull down double shades (light and dark) on all the windows
Screens and plastic zippered windows in the penthouse, with dark roll down shade
Removable main table, and fold down shelf in the door
Screens for cab windows (nice if it’s hot)
Windshield interior snap on cloth cover for privacy and warmth when camping
Portable toilet in back closest with snap on hanging privacy curtain if desired (not built in)
Heavy duty power cord and water house for shore power hook up at campgrounds
110 plugs inside for use with shore power, Cable outlets when hooked up
Fuse box with braker switches
Inside thermometer, CO2 detector, & fire extinguisher
Small oscillating fan (easy to stow away when not in use)
Known Issues:
There is a small dent in the passenger side rear panel. (see photo) Does not affect use in any way.
There is about a 12” crack in the windshield on the passenger side. Dose not bother us but will likely get worse over time. We replaced the windshield in 2019 – that’s Colorado!
There are some damaged zippers in the plastic windows in the penthouse. All zippers will open enough to vent the top but we did not force them beyond where you can see damage. There is also a 10” or so rip in the plastic at one of the zippers. Everything thing still functions fine and we used them as is. The canvas appears to be in good shape.
Normal ware for a 26-year-old vehicle; worn carpet, scratches on cabinets, nicks and scratches in the paint and topper…
Small dent and a little corner weld damage to Aluminess rear bumper (hit a rock four wheeling) (not very noticeable).
Alarm system makes a clicking sounds (we were afraid it would drain the battery so we never used it). We just lock the doors.
ABS light is on. Drives and stops fine without the ABS operating. It just needs a new wheel speed sensor if you want to fix it.
History:
We are the fourth owner of this van. It’s always been in Colorado. We purchased it in 2015 and put a lot of work and money into it. We have loved it for that last 5 years and are a bit reluctant to sell it.
Repairs/ additions we have done:
New engine battery 6/ 2020
Replaced alternator wiring 6/2020
Installed Aluminess rear bumper with swing arms and gas can box 1/2018
Switched to synthetic oil when we purchased it in 2015
Added Bushwaker flared fenders
New Tires – BF Goodrich LT85/75R16 AT TAK02, & New Battery 9/2015
New starter, Replaced 4x4 transfer motor (11/2016)
Replaced furnace motor on 10/2015
New Bilstein Shocks 11/2015
Front disc brakes, calipers, & rotors 9/2015
Replaced AC belt 9/2015
Replaced serpentine belt 10/2015
ONAN Generator serviced on 10/2015
New Water Pump, bypass hose, radiator hose, Coolant serviced, new alternator 11/2016
Other work performed: tune ups, oil changes, fluids replaced, front end adjustments, AC recharge, lube, Rear Seals, flushed power searing, replaced turn signal multi multifunction switch, Battery cable, new grounding cable to starter…
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   6.jpg   8.jpg  

9a.jpg   9.jpg   9d.jpg   10.jpg  

jjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:56 PM   #2

Also, I am located in Broomfield Colorado. Thanks!!
jjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #3

Nice van...love the retro look. Good luck with sale
Ron_Nunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #4

I would say it’s worth somewhere around $25-35k depending on condition. Has lots of nice upgrades and looks very solid. Good luck!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote