Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 11:34 PM   #21

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
How much gap (in inches) is there between the front rubber bump stop and the steel landing pad on the axle?

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #22
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
2nd attempt, forum kicked me off before I could post my reply....I would get a parts list of included items from Advanced. That being said, swapping in leafs for the coil and putting taller blocks in the rear aint gonna improve your ride one bit, in fact it will most likely make it much worse, I would be wary of anyone suggesting you do that, as what will likely happen is you will be going back and throwing more money at the problems it creates. Much of the issues people have with Quigley 4X4's has more to do with the suspension and SMB's poor execution and integration of Quigley's 4X4 into their heavy rigs and not beefing up suspension components. Short of ripping the entire system out and starting over, I have extensively reworked my suspension over the years to get it dialed in and I'm pretty happy with the results-Deaver rear springs, Agile R.I.P kit, CCV adjustable torque arms to sneak the axle forward for larger tire clearance (Boulderoffroad also makes longer fixed length arms), also had to make a new drivers side mount for the drag bar for diff clearance and to get it back in line, larger front sway bar with end links on custom mount (this improved things considerably and got rid of the small sway bar that went into those beam bushings that wear out). I'm now running 315's with no problems or rubbing and find I am utilizing what articulation I do have more effectively. That is the shortcoming of the Quigleys, wheel travel and articulation, believe it or not, swapping in the adjustable torque arms helped out with articulation a bit because they are build with heim joint rod ends instead of being fixed ends, but there's really not a cure for the short wheel travel on these things unless you swap in a 6" Ujoint conversion. Somewhere on here I posted some pics, as soon as Tapatalk is up and running on the new format, I can post up new ones if you want.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
What have you done to improve the ride of your existing Quigley setup?

Can you please lend suggestions? I am in a similar boat, I’m sure you have seen me comment about it, some directed at you, along with emails. What are us unsatisfied quigley people to do? I would love to get my hands on the purple unicorn (RIP kit) but have no idea if that will ever happen and if so when? I know I haven’t been waiting as long as some, but seems like we have all have been kept in the dark. Emails, forum posts... And no constructive answers. But there always seems to be time to get up on your soapbox and comment on people who are at there wits end with there quigleys.
Now I know, or at least believe people when they say your a great guy who is in high demand, and is trying to retire. Seems like a hard place to be put in. I also think your not trying to loose any business for your successor, and keeping things very vague.
Please, I am at your mercy. How do I make my quigley ride better, and if the purple unicorn is in our future, then a ballpark figure on when we might see it.

Thanks
Morgan
Old 12-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #24

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
After the first of the year John Brindell will be running things and will get you taken care of.

John comes to Agile Off-Road with 25 plus years running a major Off Road shop and was the Sales Manager for FOX for the last three years.

It will take a while to get everything going as I am sure you understand. We are doubling our shop space starting Jan. 1st as well and will be bringing on more employees so his plate will be very full.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #25

I've met John and he is responsive, eager, and a nice guy. And has a nice 4x4 RB with SMB pop top.. Give him a minute to get up to speed and I think you'll be happy.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
After the first of the year John Brindell will be running things and will get you taken care of.

John comes to Agile Off-Road with 25 plus years running a major Off Road shop and was the Sales Manager for FOX for the last three years.

It will take a while to get everything going as I am sure you understand. We are doubling our shop space starting Jan. 1st as well and will be bringing on more employees so his plate will be very full.

Great, and thanks for the update. It puts me at ease that my patience will not be in vein. I apologize for the aggressive approach, but I had no clue on what direction I was going to take to make my van ride better. Cant wait to see how John takes this on.

Thanks
Morgan
Old 12-11-2015, 06:40 AM   #27

Since I like to stir the pot, here's our 6" kit with 16" of wheel travel at the hub

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
Since I like to stir the pot, here's our 6" kit with 16" of wheel travel at the hub

Stir it a little more....only been about 9 months with some on the hoof waiting for a reply
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
Stir it a little more....only been about 9 months with some on the hoof waiting for a reply
Waiting for an answer from me?
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
Waiting for an answer from me?
Hi,

I sense a need for some product and service differentation required here. I suggest you put your location in your avatar info as a start.

I've made the same mistake too. You two are selling similar products and some of us do get you mixed up.

Although I do find one of you more direct in postings than the other.

Regards,

Gavin
Pntyrmvr is offline   Reply With Quote