Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
This thing looks super clean! Good luck with sale.

For those that follow prices more than I, what would this sell for in SoCal if it was 4WD?
GTRVs are always tough to price, but I think $35-50k would be a reasonable range, depending on who did the 4x4, wheels, tires, bumpers, etc etc.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #22

Garage
^^^ is it 4wd?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #23

Garage
^^^^^^

Nope. People just wondering. Cause we just have to know everything around here.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #24

Deposit taken, buyer is coming on Monday. Didn't come much off asking price. I did a lot of research before pricing it and think it was a good amount for the condition, age, and mileage.

Mine had the plugs and coil connectors replaced too about two years before I bought it, but nothing else has been needed engine wise. The cost savings on the bombproof engine *almost* makes up for the MPG!

I get 9-11 depending on load and terrain (mountains or flat) with the 265 Michelins. I've found that 4x4s usually add $10,000 of value to what a van would be without it if it's a professional conversion.
BeastGTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #25

Garage
Congrats, hope the sale goes through for ya! That's a solid price. We just went and looked at this one, which is way overpriced IMHO even with the 4x4 conversion and trailer. https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/61258901

What's your take on an appropriate price for that one, if you don't mind having a quick look.
Skivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skivvie View Post
Congrats, hope the sale goes through for ya!

What's your take on an appropriate price for that one, if you don't mind having a quick look.
That sale was 3 years ago, prior to the huge increase in demand due to COVID. As for the new listing you saw, personalty I don't think that price is an unreasonable starting point especially with the heavy duty trailer and the long list of add ons. Prices have taken a big jump in the last year or so. I'd bet it doesn't stay on the market for too long. Best of luck in your search.............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #27

Garage
Oh wow. Missed the date on that last post. ::Facepalm:: Thanks. =]
Skivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:15 PM   #28

Skivvie - I sent you a PM.
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:21 AM   #29

I don’t think that GTRV is terribly overpriced. Yes it’s a 99, but low miles and the 4x4 conversion is only two years old. The conversion and other updates are easily $25k+. The unmodified tock GTRV alone would likely sell for $25-30. I’m sure he’s adding value for the trailer, but that is so specialized that I imagine he’d have to break up the sale.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:45 AM   #30

I think that gtrv is over priced. Smb top is way better and less cramped. A clean 4x4 v10 rb50 smb would have to be really clean and low miles to sell for 65k. I think 50k is a more realistic price. But that’s just my opinion. In this market, he may get $65.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote