Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #521

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Thanks Gregg!

Personally, I think the Road Armor bumber of mine is the sexiest part of the van. I love the design and the lines.
Yep, that is a very nice looking front end. I went with an aluminess front bumper about a year ago and have had issues with airflow. Yours looks like a better option, with minor downside of no in-bumper storage, or am I just not seeing the storage area?
Thx
Rob

Old 06-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #522

Garage

No in-bumper storage is correct. The Winch does fit in there fine. I have plenty of storage space in my van, for my needs.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #523

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

When SMB installed the Aluminess tire carrier they had to drill holes for a new license plate bracket. When I went to a different tire carrier I had the bracket holes smiling at me everyday.

I got some ideas on this forum, consolidated some stickers, had a decal made and now the holes are gone.

Hope my wife likes it

Regards,

Keith

Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #524

Did some underbody preventative maintenance. Was really easy and took 20 minutes at most and two spray cans. I crawled around and got any visible rust I could see on any part of the frame.

Before pic........

After pic.....

paint I used rust killer.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #525

Good job Roonie ,
There is nothing quite as nice as a sanitary bottom .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #526

New Amp (and miscellaneous junk) rack.

Made a wooden box to hold the amps & xovers, plus all the other electronic junk. Modified xbox with 500gig drive and all games and movies loaded on it, (so no more carrying DVD's around), integrated wireless controllers, wireless LAN so I can load new movies and games on it. Home built 12v input PSU for the xbox and all components so no need for an inverter to suck down power. I did also added an inverter (for other things I may use externally), with front mounted 110v sockets / cig sockets and hookups for USB charger and AA / AAA chargers. Everything can be switched on on it's own or switched to come on with ignition, or switched off at all times. Tried to get some intelligence so if you switch on the xbox the rear tv and stereo / amps come on, but with low battery protection.

Laying it all out.

Covered in material and the first shot at wiring. There are a lot of custom circuits built into this, it was a nightmare to get right.

Top on and finished, I raised the amps and cut holes in the top so they are cooled passively. Although you can't see from the front, the box doesn't actually sit on the floor, it's raised with ample air flow under it, the air is drawn into the box through holes under each of the components, and drawn out through the fans where I had to use active cooling and over the amps where I didn't need active cooling.

In the van sitting under the rear foldout seat/bed.

This was just a test for the idea, if it all works well for the next few months, then I will be boxing in the whole underside of that ugly seat frame and make a series of draws and compartments, this being the bottom draw.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #527

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

I added a muffler to the Espar D2 heater. It was not loud inside but outside early in the morning it was scarring the squirrels away. The muffler made a big difference and I will check with the squirrels this week-end.

Regards,

Keith
Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #528

Installed a compass and Lev-O-Gage (for side tilt). Got them at West Marine.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #529
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL

Another LED Project completed:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2132&p=44548#p44548

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger
New Amp (and miscellaneous junk) rack.
This is worthy of a project thread on its own.

I'd like to know all your parts and pieces. How did you fabricate your own box?
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote