Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #131

It's nice to hear your heater is working properly. I suspect that the prices will be going up very soon due to the new tariff's.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
www.arctictraveller.com
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #132

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetreevanman View Post

And lastly, a while back I met Jeremy from Weldtec Designs at a small show and he interviewed me about the van. The interview was recently released on Weldtec Design's YouTube Channel. I have to admit, it felt pretty cool to open YouTube and see a video about my little project van. I'm not the most polished interviewee so please be kind. As usual, afterwards I thought of way better ways to express myself. But there are some good video shots of the van in there. Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. You could have done me a favor and edited me more though.

I thought you did just fine. Good work, Great van!

Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #133

Thanks for the entertaining, well-written read. Your van turned out great and you clearly have crafted a well-designed, well thought-out camper.
YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #134

Awesome van, Tim! One of my favorite builds on the site. Well thought out and great execution. Glad to see that you're getting out and enjoying it now. Please keep us in the loop on further improvements.

ps- You did fine in the video. After seeing tons of pics of van interiors, it's nice to see some with actual people in the van. It's cool that Jeremy featured your van even though you're not a customer (yet). It's a testament to his passion and yours.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
It's nice to hear your heater is working properly. I suspect that the prices will be going up very soon due to the new tariff's.
I suspect you're correct. It hasn't happened yet though. I bought this heater last November. Looking the other day, the price has come down $40 since then for the same heater/controller. Plus they are now available from a USA reseller. When I bought mine I waited 6 weeks for a slow boat from China to arrive.

Everything used to install the heater came with it, except I replaced the fuel line and all clamps with product sourced from my local hardware store. Physically, these heaters look identical to the Eberspacher D2 heaters, with the exception of the controller, at a fraction of the cost. Since I probably use a heater 6 times a year, my install won't be the one to prove reliability.

2012 Ford E350 EB
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote