Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2020, 10:27 PM   #61

Hello, everyone. Small update on this build with a much bigger update coming this week.

The van made a successful road tip from Red Deer Alberta to Vancouver and few weeks back and had its new roof installed. The feed back was good, the v10 had great power going up the mountain road passes. I did some rough math and figure it was getting around 13.5 MPG with a very heavy foot and aggressive driving, lol. For a large empty brick on 37" rubber I think this is very respectable.

Not much else to say, here are the pictures.

I suppose in other news I believe I've found someone local to me who wants to do a 4x4 van. Plan would be to go 35's and retain a few more OEM components then we did in this build. I'm really anxious to help out with his build and if another set of brackets needs to get manufactured I just may choose to a 5 or 10

Pucry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:11 AM   #62

Garage
Awesome.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #63

So here is the change that I talked about. The entire vehicle was professionally sprayed with bed liner. I think it turned out great. The idea in both color and coating was to do something that would set this van apart and I definitely think that was achieved.

What's everyone think?

I'm also happy to say the van is coming back to my garage (but obviously not inside ) and we are going to work on creating a rear bumper and roof rack to complete the outside. Should be fun.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #64
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucry View Post
What's everyone think?

I'm also happy to say the van is coming back to my garage (but obviously not inside ) and we are going to work on creating a rear bumper and roof rack to complete the outside. Should be fun.
I myself love that look---very well done whoever applied the bedliner material! Any idea what brand it was out of curiosity?

The color really sits well with the glass too---quite a nice looking van overall!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #65

Garage
Well done, looks great.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #66

Bed liner looks awesome on that van.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #67

Garage
Have to admit I'm impressed ! Obviously we cant see the detail very well, but from the pic's that's the best I've seen...namely that they managed the consistency in texture throughout (like the color as well). I've seen numerous Jeeps & pickups that certainly didn't show as well.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #68

I like the top.
What kind is it? Is there room for an upper bed in there?
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:57 PM   #69

The bed liner did turn out really good. It was done by the local Line-X shop. When you get up close on it you can pick it apart somewhat mostly due to poor masking and that the van wasn't stripped/disassembled like you would with a conventional paint job. They pulled out a few easy things but for the most part it was just masked, blasted, and coated. They did a very poor job of blasting however, 2 wheels got blasted along with a bunch of the frame/fuel tank/suspension components, wheelwells etc. That was really disappointing to see.

The van top is a Tufport. They were the closest to home and I think that was the biggest factor in that decision. It has a 6'4" standing height inside which is nice. Definitely room for a bed as long as you don't have plans for too much else. This is a short van after all.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:19 PM   #70

Garage
Love it! I have a matte wrap but that takes it to another level.