Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 08:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2tx View Post
Which aftermarket springs did you go with?
I have custom Alcan progressive springs, sized to remove the lift blocks that were installed by Quigley and level the van with the Moog CC880S coils up front. I've been meaning to do a write-up on the springs and my experience, but I wanted to resolve the disintegrating bushings first. I know others on this forum had some issues, which is one reason I wanted some time and miles on the springs rather than posting while they were still new and shiny. Note that I bought my springs a year ago, before Alcan Springs was sold to new ownership. I'll try to get it posted soon (before I forget everything!).

Old 07-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #12

Thanks all.. I didn't bother with bushings, as they seemed solid.

I did one shackle myself (the busted one), the other one took to a mechanic.. I didn't have all the right ratchets to do it efficiently, and it was somewhat (physically) uncomfortable to do the work.

I did ask him what he typically does with bushings, he says it puts a giant C-Clamp and beats on it.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
I did ask him what he typically does with bushings, he says it puts a giant C-Clamp and beats on it.
That's effectively what a u-joint press is, but mine wasn't quite large enough to accommodate the bushings. Seems everything is bigger and heavier on these trucks.