Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #311

I don't think I'd worry too much -- MG is a stand-up guy and isn't going to take your money and run.

I'm sure he is just busy and getting things put into boxes, etc.

Stay patient -- I, too, would be worried in your situation, but I'm 99% sure everything is going to be OK.

winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #312

There is no (business) issue going on here. My wife is having surgery later this morning and I'm going to be away from the shop for a few days. I will have all paid orders shipped out by the end of the week. I was about to sit down and send out an email to all recent buyers to please be patient. You beat me to it.

I have a small shop and I work by myself. There is no shipping department nor crew to staff one...It's only me.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #313

Thats fine, my concern wasnt if the items had been shipped. My concern was in that i dont have paypal (which i explained in our initial email conversation) and i have no way of verifying on my end if you even recieved the funds unless you tell me. I understand people get busy and time is valuable and limited, as is mine.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #314

MG -- best wishes to you and family during the surgery. Sending you the good juju.

If you need a shop laborer someday, let me know. I'd gladly put in a couple days of free labor to learn through osmosis. I promise I won't ask too many questions!!
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
...I did get a paypal receipt...
That is the confirmation of payment.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #316

Do not panic. You are not buying from Amazon, this is a small operation, be patient. It is a good product made by a small operation that do not have the logistics other larger institutions have.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #317

Im not panic, i dont have paypal accounts, i disclosed my bank account information to a middleman and was sent a confirmation email that i "authorized them" to access my account, withdrawl funds from that account and forward those funds to another party.

My concern wasnt and isnt the product, its quality, or MG integrity, or if and when it will be shipped. My concern is in not knowing if those funds were actually sent and if they were actually recieved by the other party. This confirmation email from paypal in no way indicates or implies that the funds were received by the other party??

Is that how a normal paypal account works also? You send $2100 to someone and just assume that they received that $2100 because paypal sent you an email confirming that you authorized them to access your bank account and withdrawl funds from your bank account to send to a third party? That seems like alot of assumptions to me.

I would rather understand whats going on now as wait two or three weeks, not receive a package and call only to find out payment was not received from the middleman. Right?

I have a brain injury so sometimes im difficult to deal with i understand, but i try to be reasonable in my thinking and try my best to not make people upset. Am i wrong in my thinking here?
Old 08-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #318

I should have said do not worry. I remember when I ordered my kit form U-Joint (they used to sell the MG kit) that I was chewing my nails until the package showed up. In this day and age we are used to the 2 days or less Amazon delivery.

I didn't see that there were some replies already.

I always get nervous when I buy form a new source on-line, even if it is $50.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #319

Oh, no i dont worry about two days or less shipping. i still have to locate the front axle and get the other small items, trac bar, springs, shocks, ect...
It can take three weeks and i still wont be ready.

The only axle i have found so far near me have been in accidents where the front end of the vehicle was impacted, that concerns me that the axle could be tweeked so i stay away from those.

But my Chinook has dual rear wheels which also presents its own unique hurdles in deciding on what parts to buy. I cant put a different axle in the rear because the fender wells and tire clearance at the leaf spring is not forgiving to allow for a swap of that nature.

That means there is no way to mount 8x170mm wheels on the back, so i have to have some special dually hubs manufactured to adapt my 8x6.5 wheels onto the front or purchase spintec kit, howver even with the sointech kit i still have to have the dually spacers with the same 8x6.5 inch lug pattern to retain my Alcoa dually wheels. A swap to super singles would look awesome, but i cant afford that.

Right, so that leaves me wondering do i buy a DRW axle and toss the dually spacers or do i just buy a SRW axle. Im thinking SRW because i beleive if im not mistaken, that on the DRW axle the splines are actually cut into the dually spacer which would complicate the hell out of manufacturing one to adpat my wheels... not sure yet on that.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #320

A suggestion when sending large $$ to a new vendor/person: first send $1 to the account and make sure it goes through. Then send the rest. A bit more effort, but worth it for peace of mind IMO.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote