Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

Is that what you would say if you were a lawyer and in court arguing? Nice rant on what they should do but it doesn't change the fact that they charge $ for a part that may or may not break. You have known that the part could break for 20 years so why didn't you replace for preventative maintenance? That was your choice. It isn't a recall as you know and stated. All this talk about safety and such but it still is about the principle of $700. A few years ago it was $400 so why didn't you buy it back then?

If Sportsmobile knew that top support bars bend over time why didn't they offer to replace them for all of us? They know the bolt can shear and the top collapses and bangs on my head! That could nearly kill me!

Oh wait we accept that as a poor design/material choice and know that we have to fix it ourselves or pay Sportsmobile or CCV to replace.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
[...]why didn't you replace for preventative maintenance?
What's the preventative maintenance interval on torque arms? Didn't see that in the manual

Quote:
That was your choice. It isn't a recall as you know and stated. All this talk about safety and such but it still is about the principle of $700.
Your words not mine and I don't appreciate your assumption and subsequent trolling.

Quote:
A few years ago it was $400 so why didn't you buy it back then?
I didn't know about the problem until I found the broken part a couple weeks ago and looked it up.
WillTheThri11 is offline   Reply With Quote