Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2023, 04:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaller View Post
I have a 2001 Quigley that uses a Chevy D60 axle. I have different part numbers than you do, but I did notice that, for example, the tie rod adjusters were Quigley-only because each side had different size holes. I'm assuming Quigley reamed out and tapped one side to accept a larger shaft (I can't remember which side). I also believe the long tie rod was bent to clear the pumpkin by Quigley.
By any chance do you have a photo and a parts list for yours? I've found inserts for swapping over to the chevy tie rod end taper, maybe there is a chevy tie rod and drag link that I could use if I convert the tapers in the steering knuckle and pitman arm

WillTheThri11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 08:01 PM   #12

Well, it a lot of interest/help on this thread, but maybe some day this will help someone. I use Moog tie rod ends and reused the existing stock adjuster. Everything seems fine despite an extra bend in the long tie rod end. I transferred over the steering stabilizer bracket which might actually be what’s “custom” about it. The drag link however I found out from “Rare Parts” that it’s the truck drag link bent the other direction. Cold bent as a forging supposedly retains its strength. They can bend it too to avoid the heavy shipping cost from Quigley direct. My drag link is still tight so I’m keeping it as is for now.

Considering reaming new tie rod end and pitman arm for the super duty drag link which appears to be similar length and shape as my Quigley one when I end up needing it.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:09 AM   #13

Will, it has been quite a bit since I had a Quigley in the mix. Your post just reminded me that I have a near new tie rod, the LONG one in my garage somewhere.

But to your question - I remember Quigley actually provided me w Moog p/n's when I asked them. It was based on my VIN and I wrote them down on the build sheet they sent me. That build sheet went w the rig when I sold it.

I can look through my emails to see if I have that info, but perhaps an email to Quigley requesting the corresponding Moog# might bear a positive result. Not all the steering parts had cross over #'s.

EDIT: I found this 2017 email from Sabrina at Quigley, it was for a 2000 build.
The Q3TR-0005 Long Tie rod is what I have in the garage...... someplace.

"On drawing A1, any of the ES part numbers will be Moog and yes you can get them locally.

The sway bar bushings will be the OEM two wheel for the van, they were the ones in the I beam arms. Napa carries a poly bushing: 265-2254.

Back to A1, these are the Quigley parts:
Right tie rod - Q3TR-0005 (was QTRE-E991) $169.00
Tie rod adjusting sleeve: Q3TR-0001 (was QDLT-1R78L-070) $89.50
Drag link adjusting sleeve: Q3DL-0001 (was QDLT-78320RL) $99.20."
Old 11-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Will, it has been quite a bit since I had a Quigley in the mix. Your post just reminded me that I have a near new tie rod, the LONG one in my garage somewhere.

But to your question - I remember Quigley actually provided me w Moog p/n's when I asked them. It was based on my VIN and I wrote them down on the build sheet they sent me. That build sheet went w the rig when I sold it.

I can look through my emails to see if I have that info, but perhaps an email to Quigley requesting the corresponding Moog# might bear a positive result. Not all the steering parts had cross over #'s.

EDIT: I found this 2017 email from Sabrina at Quigley, it was for a 2000 build.
The Q3TR-0005 Long Tie rod is what I have in the garage...... someplace.

"On drawing A1, any of the ES part numbers will be Moog and yes you can get them locally.

The sway bar bushings will be the OEM two wheel for the van, they were the ones in the I beam arms. Napa carries a poly bushing: 265-2254.

Back to A1, these are the Quigley parts:
Right tie rod - Q3TR-0005 (was QTRE-E991) $169.00
Tie rod adjusting sleeve: Q3TR-0001 (was QDLT-1R78L-070) $89.50
Drag link adjusting sleeve: Q3DL-0001 (was QDLT-78320RL) $99.20."
Thanks for chiming in Ray! These are the kinds of things I thought I would've found multiple threads on, but have found very little so I'm just trying to put some knowledge out there for the next guy...Like I said, I found a Moog alternative for the long tie rod (customization appears to be the addition of the stabilizer bracket) but it seems the drag link truly is custom (according to a phone call to "Rare Parts").

I think your 2000 would've had a newer axle than my 1997. I think it's more conducive to using all stock super duty parts than mine.

Here's my email from Quigley:

Hi Will,

Here is the steering linkage breakdown:

Left drag link end (attaches to Pitman arm on steering gear box) is Ford part number E7TZ-3304-B.

Right drag link end (attaches to right side tie rod end) is Quigley part number Q3DL-0005, price is $175.35 plus shipping.

Drag link adjusting tube (connects left and right drag link ends) is Quigley part number Q3DL-0011, price is $79.00 plus shipping.

Left tie rod end (attaches to left side steering knuckle) is Ford part number E7TZ-3304-B (same as left drag link end).

Right tie rod end (attaches to right side steering knuckle) is Quigley part number Q3TR-0003, price is $272.00 plus shipping.

Tie rod adjusting tube (joins the two tie rod ends) is Moog part number ES2012S.

UPS Ground shipping charge for the three Quigley specific parts is $121.00.

Regards,

Tags
dana 60, e-350, quigley 4x4 conversion