Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSB View Post
I have a 2018 SMB 4x4 that I took possession of last October. I was wondering if anyone had this experience? I have a call in with my local MB dealer but they keep blowing me off.

The issue is on very rare occasions it feels like the transmission misses/slips, I hear and feel a "klunk" when I am going around 30 mph from one gear to the next. Its like the gear is not engaging smoothly when switching to a higher gear. I have felt this only like 4 or 5 times but it makes me feel like my vans transmission is defective. I have not had a lot of free time to use the van so I have only been on 4 or 5 trips and only have I think a 4k miles on it. But basically its like a "ka-klunck" from one gear to the next where the van will momentarily slow down then engage into the next gear, again quite rare but alarming.

I have to keep harassing my local MB dealer and I just dont think they are going to be able to recreate the problem.

I am sure the tranny will go belly up when I am in the middle of no where because of this.

KB
So I don't have a 4x4 sprinter and I am not sure how much this will help but I have a 2017 Tacoma 4x4 and around 10k miles it developed a small clunk especially downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to first. This happens when the truck is in 2WD. So the issue could be a 4x4 specific thing that is normal.
digitalzombie is offline   Reply With Quote