Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 09:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmorefish View Post
Thanks, I’ll look into that as an option. Do you have any time on them?
I just mounted them and drove around a bit. There is a big improvement. Short of a light bar, I'm not sure how much more light you can expect and remain legal. If longevity is a concern I got a 3-year warranty for about $5.

I have them installed and I'm now looking for another set of seal beam mounts for another van. I have added LED bulks to all the tail/brake and turn signal lights as well. They now come as small projector type and they typically exceed incandescent bulb brightness. For example these.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHUMFEW...roduct_details

For under $100 you get an LED "projector type" DOT-approved sealed beam. I did a recent trip from Tuscon to San Diego with the van and it had an old set of seal beams that were horrid. These light up on brights far down the road.

Probably the most impressive thing is the precision of the cutoff. There are actually two cutoffs like a stair step One seems to come from the left light and then another from the right. Not sure exactly how that works but they seem to have the precision of an OEM light.

I have these installed using the internal blinker tied to the corner blinkers. The only negatives seem to be:

1.) the lens is plastic but totally sealed.
2.) There is some ghosting of the beam pattern cut-off in brights (you have to look for it)
3.) the orange blinker is not really bright (I did not connect the DRL white light)

posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote