Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2022, 09:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-D View Post
Sorry, my intention was not to disparage the OP in anyway...the van actually looks great, practically a unicorn due to such low mileage.

I'm in the market for a van and have actually spoken to the OP...I only wrote what I did to see what others thought, get their perspective, etc.

If there's a way I can delete my post let me know and I will, or perhaps MODS can.
I didn't see anything wrong with your previous post. It was respectfully written in the spirit of encouraging discussion and transparency.

motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:49 AM   #22

My comments were not implying that what Doug-D wrote was negative, but rather around the idea that he was essentially asking people to comment on what might be wrong with the listed vehicle. Feedback which would likely fall into the disparaging category. I apologize that it came across as chastising Doug-D, which was not my intent.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
My comments were not implying that what Doug-D wrote was negative, but rather around the idea that he was essentially asking people to comment on what might be wrong with the listed vehicle. Feedback which would likely fall into the disparaging category. I apologize that it came across as chastising Doug-D, which was not my intent.
That makes sense. In that case I think it would be interesting to hear the OP's thoughts, if they are so inclined to share.

BTW - I also think this looks like a fantastic van at a great price! The 5R110W these vans come with shift so much better than the 4R75 and the v10 power is nice Maybe it just doesn't have the sexy overlander vibe that the hip SoCal youtubers want. I bet it'd sell instantly if you bolted on a roof rack and some rotopax! I kid, I kid...
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motovan_mn View Post
That makes sense. In that case I think it would be interesting to hear the OP's thoughts, if they are so inclined to share.

BTW - I also think this looks like a fantastic van at a great price! The 5R110W these vans come with shift so much better than the 4R75 and the v10 power is nice Maybe it just doesn't have the sexy overlander vibe that the hip SoCal youtubers want. I bet it'd sell instantly if you bolted on a roof rack and some rotopax! I kid, I kid...

Sorry I'm late to the party.

No offense taken from Doug and happy to address it. A handful of people have come to look but none have bit just simply due to the unusual layout. A majority of people looking for these vans have kids and want seatbelts and dual beds, which this does not have. The upper bed is a very easy project to jump on, but I think would best be left for the buyer to complete so that it is completed to suit their needs.

I think what this van needs is the right Sportsmobile enthusiast to come take a look and see the build potential. Outside of that, the van is ideally suited to a surfer as a surf rig since it could fit any size board and provide a hot private shower right after you get out of the water.

I will second what Motovan said about the 5R110W and V10, they make for quite a dynamic duo in drivability and smooth power delivery. If I had given the van the UJOINT treatment it would've sold a while ago. Maybe MaxTrax and Rotopax aren't such a bad idea either ??
tylers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:19 PM   #25

As a single guy it would be perfect for me. My EB27 has 2 beds and 4 captains chairs(removable) and would be perfect for a family. If only we could easily swap vans for a easy sell
Lazy_Daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #26

The craigslist link above has expired again. Did you sell?
UncaBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncaBuddha View Post
The craigslist link above has expired again. Did you sell?
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...450341627.html

No sale yet, but getting a lot of inquiries at this price.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #28

Garage
$39,950 bump