Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2022, 05:53 PM   #11

Have any boxes left?

Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:00 PM   #12

I just finished my build. Totaled it in rush hour traffic. so two boxes available
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #13

Oh man, that is terrible. PM me if you want to sell one. I'm in no huge hurry if that helps.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 04:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
I just finished my build. Totaled it in rush hour traffic. ..........
What??? That is horrible
Old 03-18-2022, 10:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
What??? That is horrible
Nobody hurt. An elderly woman blew through a stoplight onto a 4 lane residential street. I was in the lead but could not stop.

She came in from my right (passenger side) and deflected me 90 degrees sending me along the crosswalk into the field to my left.

I probably had 60-80 feet to go before I hit her and it was not enough room to stop from my 40-45 mph speed.

She was 100% at fault.

I need to see how bad the frame damage is. If I can find the right vehicle the parts should be cheap, just the hassle with the frame. I have a welder and should be able to do what is needed assuming it is not too extensive. the passenger wheel is back about 1-2" from eyeball measurements.

I had stood down for the cooler part of the winter and was just about to restart work on the build. On this day, I was ferrying my mom to the Euro service shop that was doing routine MB service during rush hour. (to pick up her vehicle at 5:00 PM)

There are lots of nut jobs driving around even in AZ

Sorry for the hijack
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4335[1].jpg   IMG_4330[1].jpg  
Old 03-18-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by posplayr View Post
...There are lots of nut jobs driving around even in AZ

Sorry for the hijack
Sorry to hear, and more importantly I'm glad no one was hurt.
So did this nut job at least have insurance?

Herb
Old 03-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #17

Yes she appears to have insurance. I crawled under the front end at lunch to look for frame damage in the crumple zones. No crumple but the passenger side is deflected 45 degrees! This is the part that sticks out from where the under engine frame cross member goes to bolt the bumper to. The driver side is deflected and the steering linkage is zorked as well.

From an engineering perspective this means she did hit me not that I ran into her. The frame would have crumpled from a head on but it did not. It deflected 45deg.
So you can figure that bumper is pushed over about 8-9 inches

It is crazy this happened 2.5miles from the house. I mis typed before she blew threw a stop sign. The only extenuating circumstance is she was heading due west into the sunset.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:18 PM   #18

Something to be very aware of near sunset driving into the sun. Unless your windshield is spotless it can blind you. I rear ended someone 2011 on the northbound 101 going into Santa Barbara at Summerland hill.

I used to alway work north of my house so never drove north at sunset. New job and time of year when climbing the hill you point right into the sun in bumper to bumper traffic going 40-50 mph.

I became blind and did not want to slam On-The-brakes, but was ridding them watching the car to my side. Basically everybody at the top of the hill was stopped and I hit first. No ticket but I was obviously at fault.