Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #91

Garage
I was fortunate enough to meet Ramsey in person at the Overland Expo and then again when I had his RIP kit installed a few weeks later. Our community has lost a great man. My deepest condolences to his family and coworkers. Fortunately he was not one to keep his vast knowledge and expertise to himself as evident from his frequent posts to this forum. I will miss him, for sure.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #92

sad news

A few months after I bought my van I was working on it outside of my house. Suddenly a car pulls up and an excited man comes jogging up to me saying "I have to talk to you about this van!" I proceeded to meet Ramsey who it turns out lives down the street from me. We talked for over an hour and he was a wealth of knowledge. I briefly met John as he was looking for a seat that I was parting with.

I ended up selling that van and during my search for a new one he was always just a phone call away, even sending listings of ones he thought were good. I would walk my dogs past his house and was always excited to see what new vans were parked out front.

Great guy - sad news- hopefully agile continues to be a great success.
atillathedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I certainly respect the family's privacy and would not want to intrude. I'm sure they know, or at least I hope they know, how big an impact he had here on the forums and in his hobby and business dealings with all of us.
I posted a link to this thread on Jan's facebook page, so hopefully at some point she will see it and read some of the comments to learn a little more about the positive impact he had on so many of our lives.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:33 PM   #94

[QUOTe Jennifer and I met her last year in Monument Valley, Utah. She was having some issues with her Toyota Overlanding rig and when she mentioned she was headed to San Diego and Baja, I gave her Ramsey's contact info to seek some help as well as putting two very wonderful, wise old souls together.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw her in Juneau and of course I had to stop and chat. I didn't find out until later that she had met Ramsey, actually he was the one who told me who she was. He touched so many lives.........
Advanced 4wd
Old 08-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I posted a link to this thread on Jan's facebook page, so hopefully at some point she will see it and read some of the comments to learn a little more about the positive impact he had on so many of our lives.
That's a nice touch. When someone leaves it's always those left behind that hurts most. These pages will bring warmth to their hearts.

I've known Ramsey for a few years just like so many of you, through conversations and just last month finally had a chance to share a few hours of his life when we went over our conversion. Ramsey made such a positive impression on all of my family, I still can't believe this huge loss. You will be missed

Rip friend. My best wishes Ramsey to all of your friends and family.

David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #96

From Jan's face book page: Thank you, everyone, for your kind posts, calls, thoughts and prayers. The outpouring of love is truly overwhelming.
I wanted to let you know that we will be planning a celebration of life for Ramsey to take place in a month or so. I will keep you posted on date and location via FB, Agile Off-Road website, racing and off-road forums.
Big spirit, full of life, kind, caring, generous, loving, adventurous, competitive, mischievous, smarter than dirt, Ramsey lived the life he loved. He was the love of my life. I am heartbroken.
Attached Thumbnails
Jan and Ramsey.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Old 08-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #97

Garage
Ramsey was a generous, caring and funny guy that was doing what he loved. He helped usher people into the world of off-roading that he had loved all his life. He shared knowledge, solved the problems of others and just flat out made things work.

We became friends and in the spring of 2015 he took on the conversion of my van. That has allowed Dana and I almost 20 weeks and 30K miles of amazing camping since. Fun and happy memories that we would never have otherwise had. We are so grateful.

I have always gravitated to the guys that are easy to smile and Ramsey was one of those.

Ramsey, Glen and the other guys at Agile did a great job for me and I had to twist their arms to get them to pose in front of their work.
They have continued to help us out.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
He will be missed.
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #98

I saw the instagram post. Such a young age to pass away at. Extremely sad to hear this news.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #99

Very sad news! I just met him a few weeks ago at the San Diego meetup and have learned a lot from him via his posts on this forum. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #100

Posted by Rick Johnson on Jan's facebook page

Jan,
We are sadden to hear the passing of our great friend Ramsey , he was a fierce competitor in the TrophyLite class and well respected by all in the off road family. His knowledge of racing and BAJA experience he shared will live in us forever. Our deepest condolences are extended to you during this difficult time.
Attached Thumbnails
ramsey2.jpg  
Advanced 4wd