Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #21

Re: 2005 Quigley E350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarvan
Your van looks kind-of OK up on the lift without all the wheels on and the hood up.

I want to see pictures of it sitting on the ground all lifted and mean looking ready to roll.
Or better still, splash a little mud on it then take a few pictures for us.

Gonna be very sweet looking when it's done!
Thanks Gnarvan. We are pretty stoked about it. I know one thing, it's a lot more comfortable camping in this versus my hardtail chopper. Chris at UJoint is a hoss. He has the work ethic I really appreciate and has really been hard after it.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #22

Getting there....

Not there yet, but Chris abliged me in giving me a sneak peak of it on the ground. Nice job Chris!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #23

Chris is a great guy and he does really nice work.

It is great to see someone take so much pride in anything these days.

I for one am glad that I can say I know him.

As for your van it looks better than my head could even imagine it would, very sweet.

I can't wait to see pictures of it outside and travelling about.

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #24

Thanks Jamie. And ditto on all the nice comments on Chris. It seems more and more people are looking for ways to avoid work and get something for nothing. Nice to know there are still people with one of the things that made this Country great....a strong work ethic. Chris with UJoint definitely has that and I'm glad to know him as well.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperguy
Thanks Jamie. And ditto on all the nice comments on Chris. It seems more and more people are looking for ways to avoid work and get something for nothing. Nice to know there are still people with one of the things that made this Country great....a strong work ethic. Chris with UJoint definitely has that and I'm glad to know him as well.
Great to hear. IMO, the best thing you can do for Chris is to keep the posts and the pics coming. That will go a long way to ensuring that Chris' work ethic is rewarded with business success.

Herb
Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
OG1

Van looks great. Question: Have you tried to work with CCV to fix the issues? I'm kinda bummed to read your posts about your experience as I was really considering their low pro top.
OG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #27

Quote:
I spent a lot of money on the top and other things done by CCV and was very disappointed with their work.
Sorry to hear about your experience but rest assured you are not alone. After what I feel was wasted travel expenses, slipped schedules and downright shabby work on my interior and electrical I feel your pain. I found Derek to be a nice guy but my expectations on quality were apparently not in the same ballpark as his. Thankfully his mechanical work has held up so far.

Quote:
Nice to know there are still people with one of the things that made this Country great....a strong work ethic. Chris with UJoint definitely has that and I'm glad to know him as well.
Agreed. I met Chris at a So Cal meet and greet and was impressed by him and his van. When trying to find someone to repair my my shabby CCV interior I asked him for any references local to me since he once lived in So Cal. He referred me to a local fabricator that did such quality work on my repairs I decided to have him redo most of my interior.

Quality work is hard to find these days and good folks should be networked while others who do not do quality work should also be revealed. That way people can make an informed decision and hopefully see work first hand from potential builders and decide for themselves on the quality.

Glad to see your build coming along and look forward to seeing more photos as things progress. Your CCV top overall looks good and should give you a ton of room up there. Hopefully that part of your investment works out, I have read posts here from folks who like theirs. Thanks for sharing.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG1
Van looks great. Question: Have you tried to work with CCV to fix the issues? I'm kinda bummed to read your posts about your experience as I was really considering their low pro top.
Good question OG1. Due to geography, getting CCV to fix the issues is an impossibility. I'm in Gulfport, MS and CCV is in Drake, CO. Not a realistic way to get them to fix it. Also, I'm on a time crunch. I am trying to get this van ready for Cruizen The Coast which is a major hot rod eventhere on the MS Gulf Coast. That is one reason I drove 24 hours straight from Sturgis, SD to Fletcher, NC to get the van to Chris at UJoint. Upon arrival, at UJoint I didn't have to say anything about many issues that needed to be fixed. They were very obvious to Chris, just as they were to me. Not a good experience at all. Derek is a very nice young man though. I like his laid back personality. Quality and work ethic I'm not real impressed with.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
OG1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG1
Good question OG1. Due to geography, getting CCV to fix the issues is an impossibility. I'm in Gulfport, MS and CCV is in Drake, CO. Not a realistic way to get them to fix it. Also, I'm on a time crunch. I am trying to get this van ready for Cruizen The Coast which is a major hot rod eventhere on the MS Gulf Coast. That is one reason I drove 24 hours straight from Sturgis, SD to Fletcher, NC to get the van to Chris at UJoint. Upon arrival, at UJoint I didn't have to say anything about many issues that needed to be fixed. They were very obvious to Chris, just as they were to me. Not a good experience at all. Derek is a very nice young man though. I like his laid back personality. Quality and work ethic I'm not real impressed with.
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up either way.
OG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #30

Garage
2005 Quigley E350

Can you post any pictures showing what one might run into with his top? I have a fixed top with an opening that will only work with his top. I had been considering his but now may just leave it well enough alone. At the dollar level it takes to get one my expectation is that he would improve on what has been done before.