Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #31

Excited to learn about this- I need to get in this Scheel-Mann parade! I have decent XLT seats but fatigue is real... or my age is real... or both :shrug:

Anyone have photos of these seats installed? --- 2011+/- E350

Thank you!

Old 04-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Great write up and sharing your experience on that first shake down run, no pun intended. Glad the Scheel-Mann seats are working so well for you Wander!

I'm growing closer to buying/installing the Scheel-Mann but definitely want to see & feel them for myself first.

In the linked article its mentioned visiting one of the expo's where Sheel-Mann will be exhibiting but with so many events canceled or re-scheduled what's up coming here back east in/near the midwest general where we'd be able to test sit them?

BTW as I familiarize myself with their offerings I see the Vario F would be absolutely ideal if it included (or had available the Traveler LR feature---perfect.
If you're up for a little bit of a drive, I have a friend in Richmond, KY who has a couple different Land Cruiser projects with Scheel-Mann seats in them. I can put you two in contact perhaps?
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Excited to learn about this- I need to get in this Scheel-Mann parade! I have decent XLT seats but fatigue is real... or my age is real... or both :shrug:

Anyone have photos of these seats installed? --- 2011+/- E350

Thank you!
The seats pictured here are the Traveler F model

I could get a couple more pics of the seats in the Cummins van (Vario F) if you wanted a specific angle.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:13 AM   #34

Garage
Quote:
In the linked article its mentioned visiting one of the expo's where Sheel-Mann will be exhibiting but with so many events canceled or re-scheduled what's up coming here back east in/near the midwest general where we'd be able to test sit them?

BTW as I familiarize myself with their offerings I see the Vario F would be absolutely ideal if it included (or had available the Traveler LR feature---perfect.
JWA, contact Toby Pond with Scheel-Mann USA. He can keep you up to date on where he'll be showing them and answer any questions. toby@scheel-mann.com
Old 04-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #35
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wander View Post
JWA, contact Toby Pond with Scheel-Mann USA. He can keep you up to date on where he'll be showing them and answer any questions. toby@scheel-mann.com
Thanks Wander----I'll do exactly as you suggest.

The more positive experiences I read the more I'm motivated to at least investigate this myself.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #36
JWA

Over the past few days I've emailed Toby Pond and even spoke to him on the phone this day....enthusiastic guy, very helpful and informative too. Boosts the confidence in their product just a bit more.

I also spoke about this forum, suggested he join up to answer questions. He admitted he's never been too eager to join most forums but I assured him this one is NOT like others. Not sure if he'll take that advice but if anyone else has his ear might be a good idea to extend another invitation.

I believe he'd be pleasantly surprised and his presence would be appreciated I'm sure.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #37

Quote:
Over the past few days I've emailed Toby Pond and even spoke to him on the phone this day....enthusiastic guy, very helpful and informative too. Boosts the confidence in their product just a bit more.

I also spoke about this forum, suggested he join up to answer questions. He admitted he's never been too eager to join most forums but I assured him this one is NOT like others. Not sure if he'll take that advice but if anyone else has his ear might be a good idea to extend another invitation.

I believe he'd be pleasantly surprised and his presence would be appreciated I'm sure.
Toby's a great guy, passionate about overland rigs and the best seats for them. He'll take great care of you, and MG manufactures all the mounts for the scheel-mann's, so a win-win!

PS--Toby was informed of this link and all the kind words/good press a bit ago, but he's already stretched thin with other social platforms, so don't be frustrated if you don't see him join here.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #38

Garage
JWA, thanks. That's a good idea.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:54 AM   #39
JWA

Yeah I think Toby would enjoy SMB.

Following up my own conversation I mentioned I'd basically found out about Sheel-Mann from MG's posts and that it was on this forum.

While I'm sure there are lots of other forums relating to adventure-type or off roading vehicles he could visit and frequent by comparison this one is almost calming and comforting.

Can't say that about a lot of forums regardless what focus it has.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #40

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
The seats pictured here are the Traveler F model

I could get a couple more pics of the seats in the Cummins van (Vario F) if you wanted a specific angle.
MG, Is this the model you suggest based on having them?