Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Hmmmmmm my hubris thanks you for the compliment---but my paranoia wonders if that's a dig? (BTW that trip would be about 8 hours?! )

Well if I make that trip any work would be done is less than an hour, company always welcome if my stories wouldn't bore you to tears.

I've reached out to MG's friend just now and will see about a visit at their convenience.

All aboard?
If there is a field trip forming I'd be interested in seeing/sitting in the seats assuming the owner is ok with another person of course. It would be quite the hike for me from N Fla but on the other hand well worth the effort prior to plucking down $5000 for a pair of seats.

Do you know which model seats he has??

After talking with Toby he kinda pointed me towards the Vario F but as someone else mentioned it is subjective.

Steve

Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
I'm 6'4" and 190. I have siennas now and like MG has said before the memory foam effect turns them into cement. Where is Toby's showroom?
You definitely need the XL seat back then, and thus your only option is the Vario XXL, in either the F or R seat bottom (F for flat thigh bolsters, R for raised thigh bolsters). Pics of each above.

Quote:
During my conversation with Toby I don't think they keep a showroom per se, I believe they (once upon a time) exhibited at trade shows or expos, he did say he now drives a Transit that receives new seats from time-to-time as a demonstrator vehicle perhaps?

I did a search for Sheel-Mann seats and found a few sellers who claimed to have them in stock, ready to ship out. I got the impression these were brick-n-mortar stores that might have them on display---I didn't research those any further as most all were just too far away to suit my preferences, not conducive to a one day and back viewing trip.
Toby drives a white Sprinter with plaid-centered VarioF's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
After talking with Toby he kinda pointed me towards the Vario F but as someone else mentioned it is subjective.
Steve
What is your height/weight Steve?
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:12 AM   #53
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
If there is a field trip forming I'd be interested in seeing/sitting in the seats assuming the owner is ok with another person of course. It would be quite the hike for me from N Fla but on the other hand well worth the effort prior to plucking down $5000 for a pair of seats.

Steve
Same boat for me too Steve---I don't have a huge problem spending the money but need to test sit first.

Time permitting I'll contact Toby again to see if any sort of ersatz confirmed customer database exists with respect to general area of possible installed seat location (ZIP code etc). Naturally this would require an accommodating buyer who'd welcome lookers into their vicinity for a test sit.

That's a huge ask I know but might be worth exploring. I'm not against making my planned trip BUT if someone were a bit closer both AnnieO and myself would appreciate knowing who, where etc etc.

Good gravy for some reason I get the feeling I'll have a Sheel-Mann before this year is done.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #54

Quote:
Same boat for me too Steve---I don't have a huge problem spending the money but need to test sit first.

Time permitting I'll contact Toby again to see if any sort of ersatz confirmed customer database exists with respect to general area of possible installed seat location (ZIP code etc). Naturally this would require an accommodating buyer who'd welcome lookers into their vicinity for a test sit.

That's a huge ask I know but might be worth exploring. I'm not against making my planned trip BUT if someone were a bit closer both AnnieO and myself would appreciate knowing who, where etc etc.

Good gravy for some reason I get the feeling I'll have a Sheel-Mann before this year is done.
Such a database was built awhile back.

Looking forward to your test sit!
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #55
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
Such a database was built awhile back.
Ahh I see---or rather I didn't. Where might one find such a thing---or have I missed that as well?

Good lord I feel soooooooooo behind the curve!!
Old 05-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #56
Site Team

It sounds like everyone is planning a sit-in.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #57
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
It sounds like everyone is planning a sit-in.
Flashback to my younger days in the 60's.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:31 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
You definitely need the XL seat back then, and thus your only option is the Vario XXL, in either the F or R seat bottom (F for flat thigh bolsters, R for raised thigh bolsters). Pics of each above.

Toby drives a white Sprinter with plaid-centered VarioF's.

What is your height/weight Steve?

5'11" 150 lb
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Old 05-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #59

wiring for Seat heaters in Scheel -Mann

While the van is apart, seats and flooring out etc (not by me) do I need to have some rough wires pulled in case i end up with some Scheel Manns with seat heaters? or are they powered by tapping into existing wiring at the seat already?

Where did you guys mount your heater switches? where do you wish you had mounted them?
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Old 05-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #60

Garage
If anyone wants to test fit my Vario F XXL seats, I live near Springfield, MO.