Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2023, 01:00 PM   #11

Howdy, Ray. I'd be very interested as well. It would also be my first trip down to Baja. I have been to Puerto Penasco a couple of times with the rig (Entered via Lukeville, AZ), so I'm familiar with the necessary docs and insurance.

jeffaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 04:09 PM   #12

Have fun! I'm heading south in 12 hours... :-)
Old 11-10-2023, 09:35 AM   #13

Surf Moira, I will be at a Van event on fiesta Island tomorrow Saturday 9 am till 1 o’clock if you’d like to swing by and talk about the trip and see if you’re interested. Jeff
SDJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:43 PM   #14

Post dates, & destinations once you know, I may be interested. Been down dozen times over the years. I was there last year but I flew to Cabo.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 06:10 AM   #15

Looks like some people are headed down and others are interested in going.

We have a small group of six rigs with plans to go as far as Cabo. No surfers in the group, yes to fishing, lots of relaxing and exploring mostly along the Sea of Cortez. Part of the group is starting just after Thanksgiving weekend and others mid December. Part of the group heads back just after New Years and the rest straggle back during mid to end of January. Our itinerary is pretty flexible.

The small group we have is a manageable number (think spots to pull into) and still provides for flexibility. Plus, I know all of them and most know each other. The capabilities, personalities, experiences, schedules and chemistry are well matched.

I am thinking to use this thread, when we have connection, to post where we plan to be in the next few days of the trip in case others want to do a day/night or two meet up if they are nearby. Always cool to chance-meet others during these trips!
Old 11-17-2023, 03:47 PM   #16

Does anyone register their trips into Baja with the State Department via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)? It's free to sign up & you just fill out a quick questioner for each trip. https://step.state.gov. Because my wife & I occasionally go down separately, we always register our trips.

Although we thought we might need their help getting back into the US during the COVID lockdown, we've never needed to contact them, so I can't speak to just how beneficial it is, or exactly what they could do for you. That being said, we look at it as "Better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:26 PM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Nope, never heard of it, plus I’m pretty sure they already have tabs on where I’m at.
It doesn’t look like there’s an embassy in Baja, but there is a consulate in Tijuana. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 11:54 PM   #18

Yes, the US Consulate General in Tijuana/Otay Mesa is where you would call if you needed their assistance as best as I can tell...

The business hours # in Baja is (664) 977-2000

The 24hr Emergency Consular Help Line # is (888) 407-4747 if you're calling from inside the US & 1-(202) 501-4444 if you're calling from Mexico/Baja.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:24 AM   #19

Always interested in Baja, but especially if it involves surfing and/or 4LO. Actually, just returned from a trip down the Pacific Coast. Would be interested in caravan with E-Series or other off-road capable truck-based platforms. Currently traveling in built 4WD truck. Located North County San Diego. Feel free to reply to me here or via PM.

PS need to update my signature -- the Transit has been SOLD.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:42 PM   #20

Garage
My friend sent me a new travel warning today for Baja. It’s probably typical for Mexico but if you didn’t know better it was a dire sounded warning. Ray is this same old same old?