Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2022, 01:28 PM   #11

Regarding anyone who is "officially" or "unofficially" doing research on an east coast meet up location - maybe be sure to ask some of the following questions - campfires allowed - group camping allowed - quiet hours - alcohol allowed - entry fees - etc. I know that West Virginia (which I thought might be a possible place -- no alcohol allowed !). Just thinking that some of us might appreciate a cold beer after a long drive or for a toast celebrating a get together and meeting new friends or old ones !? Whether the venue is a state park or even a private land owner park/venue ? Just a thought --

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:30 PM   #12

Hi MaineWillands -- no date(s) has been set yet - I'd only be guessing here - but I would think a meet up would be better if scheduled in late August or September ?
Old 06-06-2022, 02:41 PM   #13

Garage
Would be a lot of fun, but our Summer schedule is maxed out at this time, so I'll wait to see what everyone decides to evaluate our ability to participate (even if it's for just a day or two).

As far as alcohol in West Virginia - it's no problem. You can drink all you want inside your "motorhome" - They just don't want you walking around advertising it (so use some type of thermos or beverage cup). We've happily shared beer/wine/margaritas with numerous Rangers throughout the years, and consumed adult beverages at every Nat Forest/State Park we've ever stayed in...just have to be responsible & cognizant of others around you.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:22 PM   #14

Blowing "kisses" at you Twoxentrix for your "motorhome" experience ! You've saved me !
Old 06-06-2022, 06:35 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
Blowing "kisses" at you Twoxentrix for your "motorhome" experience ! You've saved me !
Good thing I know you well enough Russ to take that the right way!
Old 06-07-2022, 09:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
Hi MaineWillands -- no date(s) has been set yet - I'd only be guessing here - but I would think a meet up would be better if scheduled in late August or September ?
I've got Jerry Jam in NH in July, and a boating trip set in August. September is unbooked and a possibility if it's PA or northish of PA.
MaineWildlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineWildlands View Post
I'm a little too far north, and I just returned from a weekend trip down to King of Prussia, PA so I am probably not able to attend, but if you make it north easterly, I am in.

You were 25 minutes from me then!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
You were 25 minutes from me then!
A good friend from college (Moravian) was turning 50, and his sister invited me to come attend a party. It was 900 miles there and back, and worth it to see a lot of old friends again. It also reminds me that New York is ripping people off with their tolls over the GWB and the absolute disaster of a road system. What a rough drive compared to CT, or even MA.
MaineWildlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #19

Looking at the week before, or the week or two after Labor Day. Thinking it will be starting to cool down some. In the meantime, is anyone attending any of these events?

Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival (pretty sure we are going)
Huntingdon, PA
August 11-14, 2022

Adventure Van Expo 2022 (want to go, but have not yet committed)
Chattanooga, TN
October 1-2, 2022

Overland Expo East 2022 (already have my tickets for this)
Arrington, VA
October 7-9, 2022
Old 06-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #20

Garage
Currently I am planning on a trip west from early Aug to late Oct unless gas prices get too high. So currently not attending those and would obviously not be available for a SMB gathering until the end of Oct unless I cancel going.