Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2023, 05:12 PM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
You can pm an admin and ask to have the dates added into the title, or start a new official meet thread with dates added since the majority of this thread was for gauging nterest and choosing where. Now we know the when and where, the new thread should discuss timeframes and the activities that will be going on during the meet (if any).
That's a great idea (New Thread), then attach the link to this Thread so anyone following the discussion can easily skip over, and those which have already posted will automatically be informed of the change.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:52 PM   #42

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
That's a great idea (New Thread), then attach the link to this Thread so anyone following the discussion can easily skip over, and those which have already posted will automatically be informed of the change.
I will start a new post as soon as I have a chance to pick the spot.
Im Thinking either the Deschutes valley area. Just need to nail down a spot and having never been there it would be best if someone helped me pick one.

Ron
Old 03-07-2023, 10:23 PM   #43

There is a nice BLM campground on the Deschutes River at this location, 45.39190° N, 120.87978° W. There is a boat launch and a hiking trail along the river as well as standard BLM pit toilets. Trains occasionally go by on the other side of the river and it can be windy at times.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:25 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
There is a nice BLM campground on the Deschutes River at this location, 45.39190° N, 120.87978° W. There is a boat launch and a hiking trail along the river as well as standard BLM pit toilets. Trains occasionally go by on the other side of the river and it can be windy at times.
I like it..
Old 03-10-2023, 07:56 AM   #45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
End of Macks canon is a great choice and most out of state people would never go there. The upper deschutes gets all the action and this is fairly easy to access.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:11 AM   #46

So how many "SMB rigs" would any these proposed campgrounds support ? Any idea ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #47

If only (1) rig per site, Mack's can accommodate 15 or so.
03SMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:43 PM   #48

Sorry - I'm an "east coaster" - so post details like I'm a third grader - what's - where's "Mack's" ? Consider adding more details regarding this possible meet up
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:51 PM   #49

Garage
^^^ I assume it’s just the name of abbreviation for one of the local places in that area. When all the specifics are ironed out I’m sure they will post that info up. It’s all still in the planning stages. Dates are set, so plan time off now. Local things to see and do will materialize as we get closer to the actual meet dates.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:37 PM   #50

Macks Canyon campground is at the end of a 15 mile dirt road. It has 18 individual campsites, two group campsites and two vault toilets.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote