Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #41

Garage
any updates on the rotors/pads purchased and how theyre performing/lasting? time has come for me to replace rotors and looking into options.

my Quigley spec sheet lists my axle assembly as "ford 60 drw 4.10 3c34-ec" PN# 3002-60-410. ocsmb, Anzac do either of you have these numbers on your Quigley spec sheets? I suppose a call to Quigley is in order regardless. also in need of new bearings. left fronts a little sloppy

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:35 AM   #42

Agile found me some nice drilled rotors to replace the ones I have now.. and then machined out the notch for the ABS sensor.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #43

Garage
appreciate the response rally. ill wait for a callback from agile and see what they recommend.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 10-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #44

Not your ideal solution but...........I recently put Motorcraft fleet pads on Twogone's van and he said they made a big difference. They were the best thing Rock Auto had at the time, which was a few years ago. I bought em for my 95 and never used them. Anyway, they were these or something close

More Information for MOTORCRAFT BRSD655

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #45

Garage
sadly i believe im in need of rotors as well. appreciate the link though man. good for a cross reference regardless.

any idea how many miles hes got on them??
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #46

Garage
I am also looking for a brake upgrade. It is impressive how under powered the braking is on my van.
Is there any actual Big Brake upgrades for the early Superduty front ends? I have a late 02 with an 03 front end. If I can't get a proper upgrade I will gut the Quigley and do a Quadvan conversion with the new axle and much larger front brakes. There are other upgrades in that swap but it is a good amount of cash primarily for a brake upgrade.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #47

Garage
Why not just do MGs kit if your going to gut it anyway? It will get you some more caster if nothing else.

Your welcome to come drive my van to see if thats even something you would be interested in.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #48

Garage
I would like to come drive it at some point. Thanks for the offer.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #49

Garage
^^^ definitely take him up on his offer and drive his van with the mg kit on it. i was impressed with the mg kit outfitted van i drove even with how little i drove it. if i had the coin, id be going that route myself. just not an option for me at this time.

i will keep this thread updated on what im able to find out. i may not need rotors, but i do need new bearings. like dokaman said and according to quigley most of the 00-04 versions used f350 axles and do not have packable bearings. the good news is that it is a rotor over hub design, so replacing the rotors isn't a huge deal, but locating the correct rotor might be.

rally what year is your van?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #50

Garage
Dokaman - just think long and hard before you drive it, it's like choosing between the red or the blue pill...

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote