Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2024, 06:48 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
dbhost texas -- what size propane do you use - or is it from propane mount tank under body ?
I use a refillable but 1lb cylinder (Flame King). I don't have onboard propane. If I had onboard I certainly could run it off of that as well....

dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 06:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
That sounds like a very good idea. Only caution I'd use is avoiding putting holes in the side of the van - can't undo those.

I'm going to do something similar, except in reverse. I'm adding a 3 way valve so I can pump hot water from the stove top to an outside shower at the rear of the van.
My solar power pass through since I went to Lifepo4 battery, uses the OE lead acid vent hole in the van, but yeah, considering options to basically install a box of sorts under the body work. Something easy to access that doesn't require a hole saw to sheet metal.... Or me laying on my back to connect the hoses...

For what it's worth, I did the heat the water on the stove top, and pump it to a shower routine for years. There used to be a company called Zodi Outback Gear, they may or may not still be around, anyway I used to use one of their pumps / shower assemblies and pull from a bucket filled with heated water. Worked great unless it was really cold out then the water would cool off before the shower was done... It was perfect though as long as the outdoor temps were above about 40.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhosttexas View Post
For what it's worth, I did the heat the water on the stove top, and pump it to a shower routine for years. There used to be a company called Zodi Outback Gear, they may or may not still be around, anyway I used to use one of their pumps / shower assemblies and pull from a bucket filled with heated water. Worked great unless it was really cold out then the water would cool off before the shower was done... It was perfect though as long as the outdoor temps were above about 40.
LOL if the temp is below 40, this old dude ain't going to be outside showering!

Long story short.. my van already has factory-installed pressure water to the back that's sitting there not doing anything. So most of the system is already there. Just need to feed it hot water and I'm good to go.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:36 PM   #34

Found "Zodi Outback Gear" - but propane shower kit only heats to 100 degrees it says - not hot enough for most people ?
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
Found "Zodi Outback Gear" - but propane shower kit only heats to 100 degrees it says - not hot enough for most people ?
Zodi makes heaters yeah, I was talking about just the pump / shower hose / head thingy, basically the heater kit without the heater.

I Do also have a Zodi Hottap as well and you have to cycle cold water through to get it hot enough. But it will get over 100 deg F for sure... No idea why they say it won't.

Try calling their phone number, nobody ever picks up, nobody responds to email, and none of the former retail partners carry their stuff any more (Cabelas, REI, Academy, Amazon probably others).

I bought my Zodi heater in '06 and it worked fine for years until it sprung a leak in 2018, we went with a Camplux 5L that I did something stupid to and manage to break it, then I went to the Joolca HOTTAP. Of them all, the Joolca is hands down the best as far as fit and finish goes anyway. But it is bulky compared to the Zodi...