Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justgosurfin View Post
Throwing this out there again to the hive mind.

Does anyone know if the firewall bolt pattern is the same for my older 95 as the newer units you guys have used?
I don't think the bolt-pattern is different. What is different is you have drum brakes. You would need a master cylinder assembly from a '97 or '98 "E-SuperDuty" which may be hard to find at this point. Unless you've already done a rear axle swap to something newer?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #42

Thanks for the quick response.

Yea, I have discs on the 05 Sterling now...
Justgosurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
I don't think the bolt-pattern is different. What is different is you have drum brakes. You would need a master cylinder assembly from a '97 or '98 "E-SuperDuty" which may be hard to find at this point. Unless you've already done a rear axle swap to something newer?

Any clue if the flare fittings at the MC are the same size? I know I could always change them, but just curious before I dive in.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justgosurfin View Post
Any clue if the flare fittings at the MC are the same size? I know I could always change them, but just curious before I dive in.
I know the drum brake M/C had larger threads for the rear line, but I think I remember check valve threading in there, before the brake line. The brake line itself might have been smaller but I don't remember. Either way, you should be able to find some brass adapters. My NAPA carries anything you could ever need, but if yours doesn't, there's always Fastenal.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #45

Quote:
I know the drum brake M/C had larger threads for the rear line, but I think I remember check valve threading in there, before the brake line. The brake line itself might have been smaller but I don't remember. Either way, you should be able to find some brass adapters. My NAPA carries anything you could ever need, but if yours doesn't, there's always Fastenal.

Alright sweet let’s do it. Injector pump, hydro boost and cruise control all in one weekend?! Maaaaaybe.

Do the ford vans normally have a steering fluid cooler? I have cummins in mine that doesn’t currently use one.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #46

Garage
Van is a 2006: When I had my Hydroboost done, the shop also upgraded to a larger cooler.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #47

My V10 does have a power steering cooler. I think it was standard with all V10s. Not sure about the smaller motors. Seems to work. I never touched the factory fluid. Didn't get touched until the motor was pulled at 460,000 miles.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #48

Quote:
My V10 does have a power steering cooler. I think it was standard with all V10s. Not sure about the smaller motors. Seems to work. I never touched the factory fluid. Didn't get touched until the motor was pulled at 460,000 miles.

Gotcha. I’ll look for one. Seems like it couldn’t hurt and will likely help.

I pulled the trigger on this one but realized it says 09-16. Any idea if the mounting is still the same on 09+?

This one is a from 16 with 45k so I figured it’d be good to get and install without needing to track down a reseal kit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	36087
Old 11-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #49

Hydro boost fitting pickle

I think I've gotten myself into a pickle, and I"m curious if anyone knows how I can get out of it.

I'm went to attach the hard lines from my hydro boost install to the ABS controller, and the flared fittings do not match up in terms of thread size nor depth.

Can anyone help me understand :
1) Where I am, and
2) How I might get out of here.

The van is a 2009 w/o RSC.
The master cylinder I believe is from an 07 E450.

Edit : I've replied to JustGoSurfin below (No need to create extra posts)
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:13 PM   #50

I just used the 2009 e450 master cylinder that came with the hydroboost unit and made new lines from the MC. I bought copper-nickel 3/16 brake line and bent it to match the existing line it was my first time and really not that bad.

Email me and I’d be happy to send you the leftover tubing and flaring tools I have so you can make those short lines if you want to.

John@nevermonday.biz