Some additional 4x4 E350 Owner in Germany- nice
For the import Topic I would suggest:
- go as low for the initial price as possible, as every $ will be at least an €. For cargo you must ad 20 instead of 10% tax + the usual 19%, careful with that.
- due to that I would not go and let it be done to 4x4 in the US as German Duane knows that this will ad value. Instead just put the equipment into the van/container. (Axles, Ujoint part if so, ARB, ...)
- Due to Emission standards be careful with the Bj.
- Better directly put the bigger wheels on the Van, especially the rims (as you might not get the correct information for TÜV afterwards or for $$)
- If you can choose between Quigley and leaf spring- probably for the leaf ones. Q are low and hard ride if stock.
- 7.3 PS is a great engine but partly over its real value, this ads costs. The 6.0 is a greater engine if checked correctly (better Turbo, more power, more mpg). I know I will note make friends with that. Injectors are expensive and need to be checked, as the turbo. the 6.0 needs a good oil quality as this also drives the injectors and they can overheat if they are not maintained. BUT the 6.0 in the Van Series has way less power is mostly in better conditions compared to the F Truck series.
- make a conclusion about diesel price vs. gas/LPG in order to you mileage! Especially regarding environment zone, additional costs in car-tax/a, and purchasing price in the US the 5.4 (LPG) can be a very good option. btw you can cook and heat with LPG also.