Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #2311

Send a message via AIM to illking
Got some little Hella drive lights for up front I gotta hook up, set all my Staun deflators to desired PSI (Guaranteed to let me down haha) & wired up a rearview mirror backup cam monitor.

I am tempted to move the mirror up closer to the roof but i feel like when you glue up new mirror mounts they always fall off and stock always hold up. What do you guys think? For now Ill just hide the wire with the included cable box its just so long. But the monitor is great! I have it on a switch so I can check on my hitch mounted dirtbike if needed.

illking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #2312

Is that just a weird angle and the OEM mirror mount? It does look really low. I've had mixed luck reglueing rear view mirrors too.

What did I do to my van today? Hmmm, I jacked the lift that it is sitting on all the way up to the ceiling and hung a drop cloth all the way around the bottom so I now have a paint booth within my shop for small parts. I can't move the van, it has no axles. It doesn't fly well.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #2313

Got my new fantastic fan and Solaire Mini grill delivered!

To my mom's house in Wisconsin.

I live now in South Carolina. Was my mistake on Amazon.

Dammit. So much for fancy grilled steaks in a cooling endless breeze in the Smokies this weekend.
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #2314

A busy few weeks for me. Replaced the water pump, thermostat, upper hose, and harmonic balanced/lower pulley in my driveway two weekends ago. Had my Starcool serviced and a new hose made/relocated; blows super cold now (12v). Today had new leaf springs, shackles and all that installed. Went from tired OE 18-year-old 3/1 springs to new 4/1 heavy duty springs. Saggy rear end no more! Feel like I got a lift kit on my 2wd van.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #2315

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by illking View Post
Got some little Hella drive lights for up front I gotta hook up, set all my Staun deflators to desired PSI (Guaranteed to let me down haha) & wired up a rearview mirror backup cam monitor.

I am tempted to move the mirror up closer to the roof but i feel like when you glue up new mirror mounts they always fall off and stock always hold up. What do you guys think? For now Ill just hide the wire with the included cable box its just so long. But the monitor is great! I have it on a switch so I can check on my hitch mounted dirtbike if needed.

Which mirror/camera did you go with?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:27 PM   #2316

Garage
Sink pump light.

I have never really liked the light that is right in your face while doing dishes on my RB50. I also always forget to turn the water pump off at night. Then just about when you fall a sleep, the pump burps.

So, I fixed both issues with one mod. I installed a nice led strip light under the spice rack above the sink. It turns on with the sink pump switch. No light, no sink pump burp.

I found these awesome aluminium strip lights that seem way better built than the rolled up sticky led strip lights. Now I need to do this all over the van in all of its dark places.

Not sure why the pictures uploaded sideways....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4097.jpg   IMG_4098.jpg  
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokaman View Post
So, I fixed both issues with one mod. I installed a nice led strip light under the spice rack above the sink. It turns on with the sink pump switch. No light, no sink pump burp.

Not sure why the pictures uploaded sideways....
I like that idea. In fact, I just acquired a roll of led (~25') lights that I intend to wrap all the way around the interior of the van for a nice evening glow, and was thinking of installing a new switch. Now you've got me thinking about wiring them in to the pump switch. Logic being that if I'm awake enough to have the lights on, I'll probably have the pump on, too; and vice - versa? I think affirmative on both. I'll continue to think it through before installation. That could be a few weeks.

I have the same problems with pictures loading sideways.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #2318

Take a look at the LED remote controlled dimmer on/off options. Pretty cool, and you could turn on your water pump from bed or the driver's seat if you forgot.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokaman View Post

I found these awesome aluminium strip lights that seem way better built than the rolled up sticky led strip lights. Now I need to do this all over the van in all of its dark places.
Great idea!

Link for the light strips?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #2320

Send a message via AIM to illking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Which mirror/camera did you go with?
Mirror / Monitor - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camera - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
illking is offline   Reply With Quote