Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #2971

Garage
Now there's one I need to look into. The drivers seat in the GMC needs replacing.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:02 AM   #2972
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahamby View Post
Now there's one I need to look into. The drivers seat in the GMC needs replacing.
Look into these guys: They seem to know their stuff and have new foam for sale too.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #2973

Painted the inside of my fiberine roof, finally!Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_162055.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	32850Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_162031.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	32851Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_175738.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	32852Click image for larger version

Name:	20200418_175842.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	32853
NavyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #2974

Garage
Lot of major electrical under my goucho, and have wanted to install some sort of fire protection - the Blaze Cut Fire Suppression System came up in a discussion last year some time, and I found the concept interesting.
Ordered one a couple weeks ago and installed under the bench this morning - Purchased the 6ft model & ran it past my Dual Amps, next to the panel with all the fuses, across the top of both the Espar & Inverter, and finished up just above the breaker box.
These have a 10yr life expectancy, and a small gauge at one end which displays the charge status (just like a fire extinguisher).
***Hopefully I'll never have to produce a follow-up on its effectiveness!

Old 04-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #2975

Put in some Molle stuff
Coverking seatcovers
Overland gear guy for the door panel
Attached Thumbnails
4988BE3F-6D3B-4678-80FD-91A16B1C96B5.jpg   3D7E1856-F26E-4320-9BE0-CA72E21D1094.jpeg  
jredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:10 PM   #2976

We all need more storage, right? And shoes, what do you do with them? Well, the replacement of the SMB top with the Colorado CamperVan top gave us 5 additional inches of height under the penthouse bed. This allows the new space above the cabinets to perfectly fit 5 plastic shoeboxes for my spouses shoes, as well as other miscellany. Unfortunately, my feet are too big for these to fit my shoes...

Also fixed the persistent rattle of the outside cable TV input cover by putting a screw through the door to hold it closed permanently. We've never connected to cable TV and never expect to, so this should be the end of that particular rattle. While I was working in that area I also swapped the outdoor 12v outlet with one of the indoor ones. The outdoor outlet cover never stayed closed, resulting in water and dust accumulating inside. I couldn't find the same size outlet online so swapping one of the indoor outlets was a good second best solution.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200419_163403.jpg   IMG_20200419_163640.jpg   IMG_20200419_172912.jpg  
sbgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #2977

Garage
Bardo, that's a good use of space above the cabinets. Perhaps a matching white cabinet built with an overhang would be a little more convenient? You could either put doors on the front or leave it with easy access openings?
Old 04-21-2020, 04:53 AM   #2978
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Lot of major electrical under my goucho, and have wanted to install some sort of fire protection - the Blaze Cut Fire Suppression System came up in a discussion last year some time, and I found the concept interesting.

Yes definitely hope you travel fire-free but like yourself I found the concept fascinating. The product itself seems well designed and will fit in smaller spaces which is where they'd be most effective. The gauge is helpful too---they can be equipped with a switch triggering a signal light or buzzer if the system is deployed.

I've toyed with the idea installing one under the hood in the engine bay---I don't have a lot of confined electrical areas so that'd be my choice of where to install such a system.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #2979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Ordered one a couple weeks ago and installed under the bench this morning - Purchased the 6ft model & ran it past my Dual Amps, next to the panel with all the fuses, across the top of both the Espar & Inverter, and finished up just above the breaker box.
These have a 10yr life expectancy, and a small gauge at one end which displays the charge status (just like a fire extinguisher).

Any chance that you could show us what it looks like installed? Thanks!
VanDickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #2980

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
---they can be equipped with a switch triggering a signal light or buzzer if the system is deployed.
I considered the one with the switch, but seemed somewhat redundant - If I had a fire and this system deployed as intended, I know the lingering odor of the fire & burnt plastic would be obvious. Also figured my smoke detector would probably go off before this system would activated by fire - so I passed.

Initially planed to mount the tube to the bottom of the bench seat, but quickly realized I'd probably scrape it off at some point in setting up the bed, or I'd inadvertently rest the bed & tube on the gaucho frame and rupture the tube. As is, it runs across or beside potential problem areas - tube itself is very stiff so it doesn't bend easily.