Originally Posted by Jeffrey
1000 miles into my fall vacation, I'm at the Ford service dept.in Cortez, CO due to a major diesel fuel leak splattering everywhere. I sure hope they have parts here. I waited two days in their lot for them to open today. Uhhggg.
What was the issue?
And to keep on topic, here're the things we've done to the van in the past 1-2 months:
1. Pioneer backup camera
2. Mounted the ExtremeAire compressor behind the rear axle on a custom mount (aka aluminum rectangular tubing bolted to the cross member) with wiring to house battery thru 70A circuit breaker and 100A relay.
3. Mounted an aluminum air tank to the underneath of the van floor that is connected to the compressor and a quick connect on the rear bumper with braided PTFE tubing.
4. Added twelve Tecniq S17 to the underside of the van for ambient lighting while at camp. The four Tecniq D30's are a bit too bright without annoying neighbors.
5. Added four hood vents that are interchangeable and reversible = rodlouvers Pair of Double Row 3" Angled Aluminum Hood Bolt on panels - Rod Louvers and Sheet Metal design
6. Had a shop install an Odawg S2R intake + heat-wrapped engine harness + drivers side injectors.
7. to be done soon = BD diesel exhaust manifolds that are ceramic coated + AeroExhaust 4-inch muffler.
8. a bunch of other to be done stuff...