Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2023, 07:02 AM   #1

Garage
Long Aerial 2008 Ford E350 Sportsmobile 6.0 V8 Yellow

Hello, Long time since I last communicated, Covid, Business Booming, Staff Shortages, but still got my beautiful Yellow Ford E350 V8 6.0 diesel Sportsmobile.

Just wondering what the very long stainless steel antenna base is called, the antenna twists on about a third to a half turn, installed by Sportsmobile West, when Camper conversion done in 2015, the base antenna flares out and is a hard plastic. What brand could it be, its almost 2 yards long, maybe 1 1/2 yards long, what is it called, need some parts?

I have just bought a Travel Trailer 25', to tow behind the Sportsmobile, to keep the wife more spaciously comfortable, but will be able to do the back roads in the safety & power of the Ford E350 6.0 V8 diesel.

Cheers Doug, Perth, Western Australia

2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:59 PM   #2

Seasons greetings Doug! I still remember that day years ago I ran in to you in the Tetons. It was crazy to run in to the only Sportsmobile (I know of) from Australia in the Tetons!

Can't help with your question but good to hear from you.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:15 PM   #3

Hi Doug,
Could it be a K40 CB antenna?
K40

Good to hear from you after all these years! Even smaller world you live right near my family in Perth. They sent me a photo of your van while they were on a walk one time and I was able to tell them I have the inverter out of your van in mine. They got a kick out of that.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #4

Greetings, it sure sounds like you are talking about a CB antenna. Are you wondering what the name of the mounting base is called? If so, a photo of it will help as there are a few. How did that right hand drive conversion work out?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 03:35 PM   #5

I agree, it sounds like a CB antenna. I happen to be a CB hobbyist as well, please post up pics as I cannot get a mental picture of what you are trying to describe.
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:13 PM   #6

It's a K40. I have the same one.
4X4 Quigley
Agile RIP
CDACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:29 PM   #7

Gents, I have never seen one of those, but BOY I wish they made that mount to work with a 102" whip antenna! (2.75m for the metric folks). Looking at the mount, yeah NOW I get the picture of what they are talking about. Nobody I have run trails with ever had one... Pretty cool.

That begs the next question for the OP though. Since that appears to be a CB antenna / mount, do they use CB radios in Australia? I know they are all over the Americas and Europe...
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote