Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #1

Trouble shooting pretty much anything is best started with the basics like pressure, flow, voltage, current draw etc. In your case, knowing the voltage right at the refer under load (while running) is important. I am going to guess you are suffering from low voltage under load. If it's low, from there you can work your way backwards, taking measurements along the way to see where the voltage drop is occurring. When on shore power, the voltage is probably higher. Once you have those numbers, get back to us................
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #2

Well, I spent the better part of 3 hours late last night going through my wiring and testing various scenarios( I really should have made my wiring panel easier to access ). In the end, after isolating it from everything, using another battery, and even plugging into AC (again) I removed the fridge from 12v entirely and left it plugged in to an AC extension cord (I've done this before so many times!!), it took about 30 minutes but it started exhibiting the ramp-up/down even while just on AC.

I called truck fridge today and they said it could be the controller and/or thermostat and were sending me replacement parts.

I appreciate everyone's input, and honestly feel like I wasted some of your time. I will post an update once I swap the parts.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luked View Post
I appreciate everyone's input, and honestly feel like I wasted some of your time. I will post an update once I swap the parts.
Not at all, no ones time was wasted. I suspected the thermostat, and by methodically trouble shooting, you seem to have come up with a reasonable solution. That's way better than randomly throwing parts at the problem. Good luck.................
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote