Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 07:59 PM   #1

Shower recommendations for E350 R50 with pop top

Looking for information about adding a portable interior shower: The shower wand will be connected to the sink faucet and I'm asking for recommendations for shower curtain styles and how to connect them to the raised pop top and what sort of shower pan to use. I've seen the fold-up dog bath sort of pans and they all seem to drain waste water from the middle of the side of the pan. Has anyone seen a shower pan variation where the drain is closer to the floor so it drains more of the water? I figure on using a garden hose for a drain pipe and I'm wondering if I can attach it to the PVC drain system under the sink? Appreciate your ideas. Thanks

dogsandcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:01 AM   #2

Garage
This was a pretty novel concept that was discussed recently (Evershower):
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...wer-30018.html
Old 11-15-2022, 06:05 AM   #3

Here are a couple of more threads on the sportsmobile Porta Shower

Porta-Shower Mod.

porta shower reviews

Sportsmobile makes the Porta Shower but it has DIY written all over it. It would be interesting if the "evershower" or parts of , could be used inside of the SMB. If so, it seams like that would be a great multiuse solution.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
It would be interesting if the "evershower" or parts of , could be used inside of the SMB. If so, it seams like that would be a great multiuse solution.

-greg
FWIW: It does fit inside - a member here (on the previous thread I attached) bought one - I measured & fitment and would work perfectly. I also discovered I could use the curtain without the support bars - would just have to create a hook system mounted on the bottom of the bed platform to attach the 4 corners to. So when the top is up, and the bed platform is affixed to the ceiling, the curtain would just hang down and tuck into the pan.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
FWIW: It does fit inside - a member here (on the previous thread I attached) bought one - I measured & fitment and would work perfectly. I also discovered I could use the curtain without the support bars - would just have to create a hook system mounted on the bottom of the bed platform to attach the 4 corners to. So when the top is up, and the bed platform is affixed to the ceiling, the curtain would just hang down and tuck into the pan.
It looked like it would, my old porta shower used twist stud canvas fasteners off of the ceiling to hold up up the curtain.

My solution is not very portable, the vehicle it is attached to is tall, and has a lousy departure angle, but the wife is happy.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote